JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I asked permission to mine lead from the indoor range I shoot at. It smelts down to 84% of the original weight. I understand that a local scrap iron dealer has lead ingots for $.75 / lb, but haven't bought from them. Wheel weights seem to be no longer much of a source, as the industry is moving more into steel and zinc.

Calbag Metals. It's on NW Nicolai. They have tons of scrap lead. Pure lead, 2.5% tin, 6% tin. Some very clean, others not so much. I went on a field trip last tuesday morning before work. Scored 400lbs of typeset alloy. Their hand held analyzer said it was 19% Antimony. Sorry, you'll have to wait for the next batch. The typeset is all gone.

I am not associated with Calbag Metals in any way. Just sharing knowledge.

Calbag Metals. It's on NW Nicolai. They have tons of scrap lead. Pure lead, 2.5% tin, 6% tin. Some very clean, others not so much. I went on a field trip last tuesday morning before work. Scored 400lbs of typeset alloy. Their hand held analyzer said it was 19% Antimony. Sorry, you'll have to wait for the next batch. The typeset is all gone.

I am not associated with Calbag Metals in any way. Just sharing knowledge.
What were the rough prices and minimum amount(s)? The last place I went to with about the best prices around here (years ago) was 500lbs.

What were the rough prices and minimum amount(s)? The last place I went to with about the best prices around here (years ago) was 500lbs.

I met a guy that works at Calbag. When I expressed interest in their lead stockpile, he invited me to the shop for a field trip. The short story is that I left with about 120 lbs of 6% tin. Returned today for 400 lbs of typeset.

I asked him if he would be willing set aside typeset, babbitt, and other odd lead alloys. He said he would. I don't know about minimums. The price changes daily, but is running under $1/lb.

That's a nice heads up reminder as to the utility of one of those test guns.
I've left lie cheaply priced ringing mystery metals galore at the yards because I had no idea the composition.. not that I use the hard stuff much these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top