JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was inspecting some 30-06 brass that I got today and noticed some what appears to be the beginnings of case separation. Thoughts? To me that's what it appears like but doesn't directly look as pronounced as all the manuals I have show.

Thanks
James

20190911_182711.jpg

Could just be the chamber mark (from where the brass has expanded and then, was extracted). Then....you could also try the paper clip test.

How many times?

From what firearm?

YES, it makes a difference.

Aloha, Mark

These are range pickups. I used a piece of wire and can't feel anything on any of the cases that I picked up. I loaded up 10 of them with 52.5gr of IMR 4350. Gonna take them out to the Range tomorrow and see how they do. Figure it's better than loading up 100 of them.

Thanks guys
James

OK....Range pick ups = Unknown history (for the most part).

Note:

Firing out of a semi-auto rifle is violent. Think M1 and how it works.

If fired out of a bolt gun....you'll probably stand a better chance at a long/longer case life.

Course, condition of the chamber, headspace, the reloader's skill, load level, etc.... also contribute to the expectancy of case life.

Aloha, Mark

My motto on brass is
"When in doubt, Toss it out"

Life's too short to waste time having reconstructive facial surgery.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top