JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been eyeing the mini lately, freaking cool with a suppressor that matches barrel diameter.
Do it!!! They are a blast and depending on the suppressor, end up looking like a standard length Mark IV. Not sure if they have any left but McCluskey Arms down in Eugene had a couple uppers ready to go in the display case when I was down there a couple weeks ago. I think they were $100 without sights and 1" of barrel past the front of the receiver and then $125 with sights and barrel just long enough for the front sight.

Do it!!! They are a blast and depending on the suppressor, end up looking like a standard length Mark IV. Not sure if they have any left but McCluskey Arms down in Eugene had a couple uppers ready to go in the display case when I was down there a couple weeks ago. I think they were $100 without sights and 1" of barrel past the front of the receiver and then $125 with sights and barrel just long enough for the front sight.
I ran into them at the ARPC gun show and got one of their cards for future use. I picked up a surplus from VQ like they do and paid to have it threaded. If I was thinking I would have had him shorten it at the same time. I guess a trip to Eugene is in my near future.

I have one in jail but don't have any 22LR pistols or rifles with threaded barrels. One of my options is to get a threaded barrel for my M&P 22, but also wondering if there were some 22LR pistols that are the schnizz with a silencer. Thinking now would be the time to pick something up before Measuer 114 makes life tough. What do you all have (semi auto) or have heard of that works really, really well and is really, really quiet suppressed?

Also considering getting the barrel threaded on my 80's Ruger 10/22.
My suggestion would be to go with subsonics not SuperSonics for ammo and get a longer barrel for sound effect (unless you don't like long barrels).

I've tested quite a few indoors and outdoors with mil spec db meter and using mil spec protocols. There is a lot of difference in the sound level of the action alone (ie dry) from one type of pistol to another. Also the amount of sound coming from the action when firing a shot varies with each type of gun.

I can say that on dry ground/air the sound of a pop can opening is 110db. My buckmark 6" with el cheapo smallish suppressor tested at the same time and place is 109.2 db (muzzle blast sound measured) with cci quiet semi auto 845fps (not cci quiet 710 fps). It's a little louder with cci standard velocity (don't recall the db level off the top of my head but I want to say either 112 or 113). Standard velocity is much more accurate than quiet 845 fps though. American eagle suppressor 970 fps or cci suppressor 970 fps both have just a hair higher sound levels than cci stand velocity. Both suppressor ammos are hard hitting 45 grain. Both are very clean burning.

As far as the gun it's really personal preference I think but I would strongly suggest researching reliability of that particular gun shooting subsonics. If you end up with a gun that won't reliably shoot subsonics you unfortunately have kind of defeated the purpose of having a suppressor because you will have that loud supersonic crack so that part is critical Imo.

So reliability shooting subsonics for me is an absolute "must have". Availability of suppressor height sights or ability to use a red dot would be a second "must have" for me.

After that it's all personal preference, barrel length, accuracy, ergos, the action (how loud/smooth/light), sights, capacity, brand trustworthiness, cost, etc etc.

The other thing I would say is discover what subsonic ammo you like. I love standard velocity personally because you can buy it anytime for 7 cpr, it's reliable and accurate. For harder hitting or cleaner I would go with American eagle suppressor. Cci suppressor after that only due to cost. Cci quiet semi auto 845 fps is my favorite for ultra ridiculously quiet shooting. It won't cycle some guns though and the ones it does imo it's wise to keep the gun clean and use a good dry lube like one of the ceramic dry lubes. With the 845 fps you will lose an inch of accuracy over the standard velocity at 20 yards. Don't bother with 710 fps cci quiet-22 at all it won't cycle in pretty much anything.it's also dirty and horribly inaccurate. If you are after accuracy there are tons of higher end subsonics such as eley match, various eley, sk tenex etc. I haven't tested db levels on any of them but they should all be a bit less or perhaps the same as cci standard velocity I would guess.

Last Edited:
To ad a little to post #23 in regards to ammo. I have tried every ammo I could get my hands on for testing with my suppressor. I found these Aguila 60gr subsonic/standard velocity rounds that hit with a ton more power than their 40gr counterpart. The two downsides are that they are expensive (compared to most standard velocity) and not as accurate past 75ish yards, all the rest are upsides. I grab some boxes anytime I see them and have a little stash now but nowhere near where I'd like to be.

A lot of good suggestions for semi-autos, but if you have a 22 suppressor you really need a bolt gun to experience the full movie magic quiet. My preference is a Ruger American Rimfire (uses 10/22 mags) or a CZ 457 in 22lr if you want a little more accuracy, although the Ruger is no slouch.

For ammo, I'd recommend CCI Quiets to get about as quiet as can be, although CCI Standard Velocity will be a bit more accurate (probably) and only a little louder out of a shorter barrel. The Quiets also won't cycle a semi-auto but the standard velocity ones should.

Nothing like doing some target shooting in the woods without ear protection on (suppressed 22 would be the only time I don't wear any) and listening to the birds tweet and the bullets thump down range or make little ricochet sounds from time to time.
True that about bolt guns. I've got a video posted on here somewhere comparing 18" armscorp with suppressor to a pencil dropping on floor. I'll post it if I can find it. I should have db levels for that gun somewhere too.

Edit: found it. this was cci quiet 710 fps as I recall. Note that sound of hitting target is louder than report from the gun. These Armscor guns (m14y) are accurate and only cost $120.

Last Edited:
I've got a few rounds through this guy. I'd say most if not all of it suppressed. Keeps on chugging along.

C444C16D-3C51-43E0-B388-919042EF5B04.jpeg

I use the following as 22 cal suppressor hosts:
Pistol---Ruger MkIII 22/45. The short barrel threaded model. Thinking
of upgrading to a MkIV Lite.
Semi auto: Ruger 10-22. Tacsol SBX barrel. Blackhawk Axiom stock, trigger
goodies, red dot or scope---still deciding what I prefer.
Bolt gun: Savage FV-SR. Sounds like a mouse farting. Fun in the dark with
a ATN night vision scope.

I contacted McCluskey Arms and they do have the following in stock:

1220AE6C-3E2A-438F-AD3B-0210A38DC148.jpeg

That's interesting about looks of suppressor relative to the barrel. That's so low on my priority list I never even thought of it (other than I don't like some crazy colors ha ha). But sometimes with cars I try to get a specific look with the right type of wheel or whatever so maybe it's like that. Here is browning buckmark with 1" suppressor fwiw. Silencer is just a bit bigger than the barrel.

D115A3D8-14A9-4C65-AAA8-F45D199AB2FC.jpeg

Why not just use your M&P? You do not need a threaded barrel, just an adapter that is about $25.

My M&P 22 is where one of my cans lives most of the time.

I have several other hosts but they rarely get used. I had a Buckmark and while it was a great gun, it was also one of the hosts with the loudest actions.

Why not just use your M&P? You do not need a threaded barrel, just an adapter that is about $25.

My M&P 22 is where one of my cans lives most of the time.

I have several other hosts but they rarely get used. I had a Buckmark and while it was a great gun, it was also one of the hosts with the loudest actions.
Very new to the suppressor game. I had seen adapters for the 10/22's but didn't realize there were adapters for pistols. As for adapters in general am unsure how secure they are or is there is a potential for alignment problems. Like I say, a newbie to this...

Lot's of great suggestions for a 22LR suppressed host. I suggest the H&K416 8in barrel. you will have a accuracy and portability as well as places to hang your accessories. The sights come off easy or work well so leave them on. Get a metal spinner/reset target and make a day of it.

HK416-.22-LR-Pistol.jpg

Lot's of great suggestions for a 22LR suppressed host. I suggest the H&K416 8in barrel. you will have a accuracy and portability as well as places to hang your accessories. The sights come off easy or work well so leave them on. Get a metal spinner/reset target and make a day of it.

View attachment 1296511
Agree. One of the most fun guns you will find imo. Benefits a lot from the $17 Hk parts trigger springs upgrade. I have the older version with the Hk diopter sights and it's really fun. Mags are extremely good on these.

Another option is the s&w 15-22 pistol and add a binary trigger (if desired). I have rifle version of the 15-22 and it's pretty fun with a binary. I don't like the mags or the plastic toy feel of the gun but I like the binary. This photo is of the old version, the new version has a brace that is part of the receiver (cannot be removed without cutting it off).
72D3BBE3-F076-48F4-B57D-F05AF6963943.jpeg

Yet another option is the mp5 22 which has the same innerds as the Hk shown above. Both are made by Walther. The mp5 trigger is much mushier and longer than the Hk 416 though.

Mp5 22

443F86F9-F658-4172-A7B7-A47ADE0F92AE.jpeg

Last Edited:
HOLY CARP! How come I've never heard of that thing before? That's the perfect rat slayer!
What is the benefit? 22lr is already weak, if you have that short of a barrel you reduce the energy by 50% compared to a 6" barrel.

Plus your bullet becomes a rainbow. Have to aim way over target to hit it if shooting any distance away.

6" barrel mini mag trajectory
B10E706C-1BFE-4059-8C57-A79E86AB82EB.jpeg
Very short barrel mini mag trajectory
AA5B30A4-7B27-47A2-A035-B46E1DC3B4DB.jpeg
Subsonics would be even worse. At 70 yards the short barrel one would have a drop of 18" using aguila 60 gr.

I guess it's just for looks?

Last Edited:
Very new to the suppressor game. I had seen adapters for the 10/22's but didn't realize there were adapters for pistols. As for adapters in general am unsure how secure they are or is there is a potential for alignment problems. Like I say, a newbie to this...
If your threads are concentric then there is no issue. Your M&P is already threaded, just not the correct way for a can. There are a ton of adapters out there an they are a fairly common size that fit many different .22 pistols. If you are worried about quality you can always use one in factory packaging, https://store.smith-wesson.com/mp-15-22-parts/mp22-compact-suppressor-adapter-kit/3002050.html

When I got my M&P I pulled the adapter off my P22 and put it on the M&P. Now it is thousands of rounds later. Here is an older pic.

17075.jpg

What is the benefit? 22lr is already weak, if you have that short of a barrel you reduce the energy by 50% compared to a 6" barrel.

Plus your bullet becomes a rainbow. Have to aim way over target to hit it if shooting any distance away.

View attachment 1296637
View attachment 1296638
Subsonics would be even worse. At 70 yards the short barrel one would have a drop of 18" using aguila 60 gr.

I'm shooting rats at about 10 feet, not 70 yards.

View attachment 1296637
View attachment 1296638

Think of it as an auto loading derringer that can be suppressed as well. I like not so ordinary guns and am wanting something like this.

View attachment 1296637
View attachment 1296638

The benefit is being able to run super sonic ammo at sub sonic velocities. Most super sonic 22lr ammo needs around a 4.5" barrel to come out at super sonic speeds and create that sonic crack. This will allow you to run cheaper super sonic ammo for plinking vs. having to pick up standard velocity or sub sonic ammo. In addition, it reduces the overall length of the pistol with suppressor attached so you can just leave the can screwed on and it will fit in pistol cases, easier for most to wield, etc.... If all you are doing is killing paper or steel or some other target it is a wonderful solution. If you need to dispatch something that is living then this is likely not the best choice.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top