JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have one in jail but don't have any 22LR pistols or rifles with threaded barrels. One of my options is to get a threaded barrel for my M&P 22, but also wondering if there were some 22LR pistols that are the schnizz with a silencer. Thinking now would be the time to pick something up before Measuer 114 makes life tough. What do you all have (semi auto) or have heard of that works really, really well and is really, really quiet suppressed?

Also considering getting the barrel threaded on my 80's Ruger 10/22.

Love all my threaded 22/45'a. I have a Taurus TX22 also, that also eats anything. The Ruger is quieter due to less mass moving during cycling. They all are quiet and fun. I wish I had got the Sparrow instead of cheap if out with my AAC

I am in a similar boat to you. My Rugged Oculus 22 has been in jail for just at 100 days on an E-form 4.
I have a CMR30 that is .22 Mag with a threaded barrel, and a Taurus TX22, but I built this little 10/22 just as a host for it.
With an 8" barrel pretty much any .22LR ammo should be subsonic out of it.

IMG_20220916_161755_01.jpg

Oh, it has a binary trigger in it as well and a 110 round drum for when I feel like some stupid fun.
IMG_20220927_180554_01.jpg

Love all my threaded 22/45'a. I have a Taurus TX22 also, that also eats anything. The Ruger is quieter due to less mass moving during cycling. They all are quiet and fun. I wish I had got the Sparrow instead of cheap if out with my AAC
I assume by Ruger you are talking about the Mark as opposed to the LCP or SR22?

I am in a similar boat to you. My Rugged Oculus 22 has been in jail for just at 100 days on an E-form 4.
I have a CMR30 that is .22 Mag with a threaded barrel, and a Taurus TX22, but I built this little 10/22 just as a host for it.
With an 8" barrel pretty much any .22LR ammo should be subsonic out of it.

View attachment 1294527

Oh, it has a binary trigger in it as well and a 110 round drum for when I feel like some stupid fun.
View attachment 1294539
Sweeeet!
What is the drum and how well does it work

I've been liking my keltec p17 22 it is so lightweight that you can pull back the slide and engage the slide stop with one hand if need b I got it all the time but it comes with a threaded barrel attachment 16 round mags unless you get the +3 or +6 baseplates 3 mags useally when purchased as well... I don't currently have a suppressor but at some point would love but one going to here soon i can't wait to try it on the keltec p17 or maybe my intratec 22 or even my keltec p50 lol

I have a TX22 that likes being suppressed with my DA mask. Helps that it comes with an adapter so you can have a threaded or non threaded/flush barrel as your whimsy changes.

Smith & Wesson model 422, or the longer barreled version 622.
Extremely easy to convert to shoot suppressed and the low bore barrel keeps the original sights operable.

A lot of good suggestions for semi-autos, but if you have a 22 suppressor you really need a bolt gun to experience the full movie magic quiet. My preference is a Ruger American Rimfire (uses 10/22 mags) or a CZ 457 in 22lr if you want a little more accuracy, although the Ruger is no slouch.

For ammo, I'd recommend CCI Quiets to get about as quiet as can be, although CCI Standard Velocity will be a bit more accurate (probably) and only a little louder out of a shorter barrel. The Quiets also won't cycle a semi-auto but the standard velocity ones should.

Nothing like doing some target shooting in the woods without ear protection on (suppressed 22 would be the only time I don't wear any) and listening to the birds tweet and the bullets thump down range or make little ricochet sounds from time to time.

I assume by Ruger you are talking about the Mark as opposed to the LCP or SR22?
Yes, two of my 22/45's are threaded. The one SR22 that we have is not a threaded model so I'm not able to speak of it. I do have a Heritage Rough Rider "Tactical Cowboy" that is threaded, bought it as a joke. Yes, the suppressors will go on it but with the cylinder gap it literally does nothing for sound mitigation. I also have a pump action that is threaded (my kids' favorite) and some 10/22's that are really, really fun.

Hard to go wrong with a Ruger Mark IV. If you pick up one of the models with a 4.5" or less barrel it should run high velocity 22lr ammo and subsonic speeds with the occasional round that goes super sonic.

Browning Buckmark is a great host. Has a slide buffer that negates the clank of the slide hitting its rearward stop.
This was my biggest nit to pick with the SW Victory... loudest action semiauto 22 suppressed, to a point I sold mine.
Ruger MK4 is a great choice, but the prices has gone nuts.
I also run threaded Beretta cheetah and SW 41 if you want full house class.
If you're running if fear of a mag ban, consider the 20rd Sig p322 now, but I expect you're screwed on the suppressor transfer once the stamp comes in. The p322 is not anywhere near as accurate as any of the guns I mentioned above... but high cap And better than a keltec.
If you don't have a Ruger charger, get one now, and as many hicaps as u can afford.
Another wonderful option is the Tippman Micro Elite. Stunning accuracy and built to feel and run like an AR. Would caution the flash suppressor is probably rockset and may require a water soak to get off.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top