JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The p365 and LCP type things, though both small, are still different enough that I don't personally think their roles intersect. I can definitely carry my LCP in my pocket and often do but I cannot even fit my p365 in one comfortably, let alone discreetly with an ability to draw fast. I would hang onto that little mouse gun you got there. Fills a role only it can :D
My current pocket / always carry is a LCPII. I had tried untold guns. Most did not work. Felt like I had a damn rock in my pocket all the time. Finally settled for a NAA .22. It worked, FAR from ideal. Then Kel-Tec hit the first .32. When they called me to tell me my turn had come I took it to the back to shoot, came out and ordered another. Still have one of those but it's seldom carried. The LCPII .380 is the top one. Only downside is it does need to be in a holster. The trigger is damn nice for these. I can forget its there. It's sure as hell not fun to shoot. When it was new I ran many boxes of ammo through it to test and it got painful. Impressive for what they are able to do now. Bottom is the new .22 version of it that Wife now carries. That P-11 I have tried putting in a pocket couple times. It works, as in I can easily get it out but, feels like a damn brick in my pocket. If it was to give up on my now not sure what I would buy. Would want something double stack and polymer for weight. There are plenty to chose from these days which was NOT the case when I bought that little 9mm. The price was so cheap I was leery of trying it at the time. Sales guy said they sold a lot of them so I figured why not. Bought it, took it to the back and just checked the bore and rand a few boxes of ammo through it. Damn thing just worked. Years later when I started to read how horrible these were I at first wondered if I got the only good one that came out of the factory some how. :D

LCPII.png

After decades of trying various carry pistols and doing endless research and trades and spending thousands of dollars in pursuit of the right balance of capacity, size, accuracy, reliability, and power, I have achieved carry pistol Nirvana with the acquisition of my Sig P365.

I started with a Ruger P90 in .45 acp in the mid 90's, then a S&W 686, then went to the dark side with various Glocks, Beretta's, Walthers, M&Ps, and then more Glocks.

I now have a pistol that is the smallest I've owned, nearly as accurate as the largest I've owned, has low recoil, holds 12 rounds, a safety, night sights, great trigger, 100% reliability, good looking, and points naturally. Absolutely love this little pistol!

But I've been going through withdrawal. For the first couple of months, it was nice not going online every day and reading posts and articles about various platforms and pistols and engaging in endless debates regarding the best carry gun. It was quietly amusing seeing posts from folks frustrated in their choice of carry gun that wasn't living up to expectations. I would just smile and simply post to get a P365 and be done with the drama. I'd found Nirvana and it was peaceful.

But lately, I've been missing going over all of the pros and cons of each candidate for carry. I've missed hunting for the best deal on a subcompact carry gun.

I think I'll be OK, though. I started turning my attention to range toys and bucket list guns and just bought my first 1911.

Anyone else find their perfect carry gun and ended the seemingly endless pursuit of carry pistol Nirvana?
It's not the arrow, man.

Didn't read past the first post, but if none of you said G43X with Shield Arms 15rnd magazines for a 15+1package size that's ALMOST the same as a 6+1 G43 w/+1 extension (we're talking the thickness difference of the mag floor plate).... then ALL of you have a fail!

(The G48 is pretty cool, too!)

Still having those withdrawals? ;):D

View attachment 700361

It what Glock should have done 25-30 years ago, but with all my G19/26 stuff it's not worth the changeover to me.

Very nice. Which model did you get? Don't know anything about the P 365 but the SAS looks interesting. Very different sights.
View attachment 700362

I bought the TacPac, which is the standard P365 with night sites, safety, and 12-round magazines instead of 10-round.

I looked at the SAS and thought it was pretty ridiculous. Lots of complaints from owners having issues with the sights.

I added a Hogue grip to mine and it is amazingly comfortable.

LXlHaS-JQ7umJ5l57D8OHg.jpg

FYI, SIG makes 15-rd mags for that. I got two off of GunMagWarehouse for a good price, along with a few 12-rounders.

I might have to try that Hogue grip. My 365 feels a might small in my meat hooks...

Mine are in rotation and some dropped out. I no longer carry my Small Frame TA90 (CZ75 clone), 17+1. I carry an EEA Witness Steel Compact,14+1 9mm, Taurus 741 revolver 6, .32 H&R Mag, my new SCCY CXP-1, 10+1 9mm (need a lot of practice before I carry it) and my oldest and most carried pistol - Walther PPK/s. They don't come any better in .380 auto 7+1, with a leather shoulder holster with a double mag pouch, and Pachmayr grips.. It was made in 1973, German, and is showing its age. It may be time to retire it as a carry gun.

It all depends on where I am going. In and around Portland, the Witness. Around town, usually the Taurus or if I am feeling 007, the Walther. The SCCY was purchased to replace the Walther so it can go into retirement. We will see if it can be reliable.

I'm on the seemingly endless quest for the perfect carry gun...in each and every niche possible. This is not a good thing, but I have five guns in my rotation.

Kahr P380 (the perfect pocket carry gun when dressed up)
Kahr PM9 (the perfect gun for big casual pockets)
Shield 9 (I just can't get over how amazing it shoots!)

Glock 26 with an RMR (I carry it with the Pearce +3 extension)
Glock 19 with an RMR and TLR-1HL (I only carry this to public gatherings and the movies)

Notice that empty space? I really want to get something in there between the Shield and the G26. Either a P365 or P365XL or Hellcat OSP or Glock 43X. I can't choose, but I really want a thin double stack with a teeny red dot. I must have a gun in every, what, quarter-inch increment? No nirvana for me yet.

I'm on the seemingly endless quest for the perfect carry gun...in each and every niche possible. This is not a good thing, but I have five guns in my rotation.

Kahr P380 (the perfect pocket carry gun when dressed up)
Kahr PM9 (the perfect gun for big casual pockets)
Shield 9 (I just can't get over how amazing it shoots!)
SIG P365 with 12-rd mags
Glock 26 with an RMR (I carry it with the Pearce +3 extension)
Glock 19 with an RMR and TLR-1HL (I only carry this to public gatherings and the movies)

Notice that empty space? I really want to get something in there between the Shield and the G26. Either a P365 or P365XL or Hellcat OSP or Glock 43X. I can't choose, but I really want a thin double stack with a teeny red dot. I must have a gun in every, what, quarter-inch increment? No nirvana for me yet.
Solved your problem for ya... ;)

Cuz the P365XL is 1/2" longer, 1/2" taller, and slightly wider than the standard P365. You're looking for a carry gun, so here's a pretty concealable firearm.
And given that the P365 has a shorter barrel and grip, if you wanted to go 10+1, you can go ultra small.
But if you go to 12+1, you're still smaller (lengthwise) than a P365XL with the same overall height. Win-win!
See here:

ETA: Tried to capture the link for the "Compare" page, but it won't let me do that. Just follow the link and do the compare yourself/

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top