JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started with a G26 many years ago but now carry a G19 with XS Bigdot sights. I stopped fixating on the endless permutations of carry options and focus on training from concealed draw. The majority of gunfights occur between 10 and 20 feet with FBI statistics citing 10 feet. I just need something that is reliable, for me the G19 fits the bill.

Just my own personal opinion, of course. YMMV.

If only they made it in a man's caliber :p
Well I do have this, 45--70:
IMGP0272.JPG
But it is hard to conceal

For the folks that like to change their carry often.....make sure whatever the "flavor of the day" is that it's one you've practiced with. A lot.

For the folks that like to change their carry often.....make sure whatever the "flavor of the day" is that it's one you've practiced with. A lot.

I just don't get it. I've owned a bunch of different hand guns but I've only carried two primarily, a 1911 back in the day and in more recent years (~25+/-) some form of Glock. I stick with Glock for ease of use and familiarity as much anything else such as reliability and mag capacity.

Didn't read past the first post, but if none of you said G43X with Shield Arms 15rnd magazines for a 15+1package size that's ALMOST the same as a 6+1 G43 w/+1 extension (we're talking the thickness difference of the mag floor plate).... then ALL of you have a fail!

(The G48 is pretty cool, too!)

Still having those withdrawals? ;):D

AAB505AA-F471-44EA-A9E0-154DCB656F2A.jpeg

After decades of trying various carry pistols and doing endless research and trades and spending thousands of dollars in pursuit of the right balance of capacity, size, accuracy, reliability, and power, I have achieved carry pistol Nirvana with the acquisition of my Sig P365.

I started with a Ruger P90 in .45 acp in the mid 90's, then a S&W 686, then went to the dark side with various Glocks, Beretta's, Walthers, M&Ps, and then more Glocks.

I now have a pistol that is the smallest I've owned, nearly as accurate as the largest I've owned, has low recoil, holds 12 rounds, a safety, night sights, great trigger, 100% reliability, good looking, and points naturally. Absolutely love this little pistol!

But I've been going through withdrawal. For the first couple of months, it was nice not going online every day and reading posts and articles about various platforms and pistols and engaging in endless debates regarding the best carry gun. It was quietly amusing seeing posts from folks frustrated in their choice of carry gun that wasn't living up to expectations. I would just smile and simply post to get a P365 and be done with the drama. I'd found Nirvana and it was peaceful.

But lately, I've been missing going over all of the pros and cons of each candidate for carry. I've missed hunting for the best deal on a subcompact carry gun.

I think I'll be OK, though. I started turning my attention to range toys and bucket list guns and just bought my first 1911.

Anyone else find their perfect carry gun and ended the seemingly endless pursuit of carry pistol Nirvana?
Very nice. Which model did you get? Don't know anything about the P 365 but the SAS looks interesting. Very different sights.
1590179894817.png

Carry Nirvana, YUP! .45 cal, 42 grains 777 under a 230 gr cast solid conical, 1240ish FPS with CCI "Magnum" #11 caps, or 40 grains "Swiss" crunched under a 250 gr solid conical at 1200ish with the same primers! What's not to love! Book says the bullets should do 660ish Foot pounds, good enough for me!
1590191005949.png

I have been GM 1911 all my life. The only real trial and error for me has been the gun I will carry when I do not want to carry the 1911. That has been a non stop thing. There has always been the search for pocket carry. For a backup and for times when I would otherwise not carry at all. That took decades till they started to make some nice little plastic pistols I could drop in a pocket and forget.
The other was what I called coat pocket carry. For decades it was a 5 shot .38. Had several, never really liked any of them. When last Daughter struck out into the world on her own she went with my last 5 shooter. When I went to replace it I ended up with this. This was before I started to play on Al's new thing, the internet. So did not know any better. It's almost as maligned as the High Points but, thing just works and has since it came out of the box. FAR from being close to fun, but it has spent a lot of days riding in a coat or fanny pack. 11 rounds of 9mm to me beats the 5 rounds of .38 in the same size and weight package. If I ever wear this out not sure what I will replace it with since they stopped making these.

KT9.png

Reading through this thread reminds me that we truly live in a great time in terms of carry options, guns, holsters, sights/optics, ammo, training etc.
This !
When more states woke up and started to allow citizens to carry the market really exploded with options. When I started to carry we only had a fraction of the choices we do now. It has been great that so many places make stuff for us now.

I have been GM 1911 all my life. The only real trial and error for me has been the gun I will carry when I do not want to carry the 1911. That has been a non stop thing. There has always been the search for pocket carry. For a backup and for times when I would otherwise not carry at all. That took decades till they started to make some nice little plastic pistols I could drop in a pocket and forget.
The other was what I called coat pocket carry. For decades it was a 5 shot .38. Had several, never really liked any of them. When last Daughter struck out into the world on her own she went with my last 5 shooter. When I went to replace it I ended up with this. This was before I started to play on Al's new thing, the internet. So did not know any better. It's almost as maligned as the High Points but, thing just works and has since it came out of the box. FAR from being close to fun, but it has spent a lot of days riding in a coat or fanny pack. 11 rounds of 9mm to me beats the 5 rounds of .38 in the same size and weight package. If I ever wear this out not sure what I will replace it with since they stopped making these.

View attachment 700428
The p365 and LCP type things, though both small, are still different enough that I don't personally think their roles intersect. I can definitely carry my LCP in my pocket and often do but I cannot even fit my p365 in one comfortably, let alone discreetly with an ability to draw fast. I would hang onto that little mouse gun you got there. Fills a role only it can :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top