JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i bought a nikon cool pix digital camera some years ago.

It stopped working so i sent it in for repair a month later i got it back.

a couple months later it stopped working again so i sent it back again they fixed it agian got it back.

a week after the warranty expired it broke again .

I sent it back again since i only owned it 10 months out of the year the other 2 months it was going to and from at the company.

They quoted me a cost of repair that was more than what I paid for it.

Nikon made lenses for Canon before Nikon made Cameras. Both companies were given free use of the German lens designs after WWII as a way to help boost the Japanese economy.

There is no winner between the two companies unless you want to talk about over all size and health in which case Canon with its huge diversification and market share in so many differencategorieses is clearly the winner on that scale.

I moderate the Canon FD forum on Photo.net (a photography discussion site with well over 800,000,000 members world wide).

I find it interesting, and maybe telling, that the guy at the end has a Go-Pro mounted on his Canon to capture the footage.

But what do I know, We have two Coolpixs, and one ancient D100 DSLR that we will replace when they give us problems,...
But they refuse to die.

Who knows, maybe it will be a Canon if they ever do.

I've owned cameras made by Olympus, Pentax, Minolta, Canon, and Panasonic. They were all good, and I would buy any again. Having lived in Japan for four years, Canon and Nikon are generally considered the best, in a country where photography is an obsession.

I might be the oddball here, but i prefer PENTAX. I have the K20D with all the goodies and it is a solid camera.

Not on topic of the video at all. I am keeping my eye out for a good deal on a Pentax DSLR. I hear there are some that still mount older Pentax lenses, which would be a great thing. When my mother-in-law passed away, my wife got all of her camera equipment and we have I think nearly 20 some some odd Pentax lenses for all sorts of things. Would love to be able to keep them in use.

Got my first Nikon an FTN, in my teens. Been a Nikon guy since. Nothing against Canon, though. They kind of lock you up with the lenses. I am still occasionally using Nikkor lenses I bough in the early 90s on my D50 (already kind of a dinosaur). But it does everything I want it to do.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top