Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cannon safe reviews?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by saville, Jul 1, 2011.

1. saville

saville Ellensburg Wa New Member

Looking to get a Cannon safe at Costco, any owners out there? What do you think about them?

2. nubus

nubus Guest

I don't own the Costco model, but I love my Cannon safe.
    Best warranty in the business, solid construction.
    And the Costco deal usually includes curbside delivery.

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Mine is fine, never had a problem, had it for 10yrs. Bought on line and delivered to my back door.

4. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

Works fine. Just remember it's not a real safe and will keep Kids out but not real thieves.

5. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Check out Rogue Safe here in Medford. Try to slip a folded piece of paper between the door and the frame. It WILL NOT fit! Not cheap, but if you want the real deal, IMHO its it! And yes, they deliver.

6. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I bought a Cannon model EV-6040 from costco a few years back.. $800 delivered to my front door. No trouble with it at all, and at 40" wide with plenty of shelves you should be able to get all your stuff into it. You can buy a better safe for two or three grand, but a good thief can get in to any of them with the right tools, and enough time. :)

7. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

My only gripe with Cannon's is how the door automatically locks when it closes. This is just a personal preference of mine and some may even consider it a good thing but it's a feature I'd rather be able to delete. Just something to think about.

8. saville

Wow thank you for all the advice. I'm still in the process of researching what is available, the price keeps drawing me back Cannon.

9. deadeye

How does it lock if you dont turn the handle?

10. phatdoughnut

phatdoughnut The Gorge Active Member

Im with deadeye. I have one of the cannon costco safes, the 600 dollar model. Love it. Perfect first safe with an awesome warranty. Im almost running out of room though.

11. saville

I'm looking at the biggest I can afford, the consensus is that because you will always run out of room. Costco has a fat boy Cannon at around 30 cf.

12. deadeye

13. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I humbly suggest you check out the video at Rogue Safe...two guys with a crowbar and prybar popping a "big box store" safe in 1 minute 44 seconds. Is THAT all your guns are worth? Just sayin'...