JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I applaud the guy, do you think the politicians would have done the same if it wasn't there buttts in the line of fire?

elsie
Who knows. But maybe them politicians learned something from this.
Like guns are useful, and have a place in protecting the innocent.

maybe the leftists will finally get into their rotten brains that, in fact, what stops a bad guy with a gun.. is a good guy with a gun.

Canada ain't gun free.
Guy I know from another forum just bought a Savage 10 TR to go with his M1A1. They also did away with their registration, I remember seeing the bid of him burning his registration cards. Canada is not anywhere close to being gun free, they never had been. But I can understand people's ignorance as its a common misconception.

Canada is not gun free, but they are far more restricted than most places in the US. Concealed carry is pretty much non-existent unless you're a cop, rifles are restricted to 5 round mags with some exceptions, 10 rounds for semi auto handguns. They have a system much like Illinois FOID (Firearms Owner ID) - that's pretty much their background check system. You have a license to own firearms, you show that license to purchase.

The Canadian people, as a whole, view guns differently than we do in the states.

Yes, Canadians did do away with their stupid long gun registry, because the vast majority refused to comply. That was a shining example of the people telling the gov't to sod off, and the gov't backing down. Should've inspired more Americans to do the same in the oppressed areas of the country.

If they ditched the absurd mag cap laws and allowed concealed carry it would be on par with most of the US as far as gun rights go. IIRC it's easier to get guns and toys we consider NFA items up there like SBR and suppressors. THere's places inthe US where you can't own an SBR or a suppressor or FA etc (hell, Washington State was like that until recently)

I think some folks lump Canada in with the UK and Australia, thinking that the populace has been disarmed.

Guy I know from another forum just bought a Savage 10 TR to go with his M1A1. They also did away with their registration, I remember seeing the bid of him burning his registration cards. Canada is not anywhere close to being gun free, they never had been. But I can understand people's ignorance as its a common misconception.

Try to own a handgun there.

My bad. Heretofore, everything I have read or heard about firearms in Canada, with the exceptions of Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, and, possibly Nunavut, has reminded me of New Jersey, California, or Illinois. Of course, none of these State is gun-free, but their administrations would like them to be.

Try to own a handgun there.

Yeah, you can't get a handgun. That's far from being gun free. Canada is not the US, they don't have the same guns laws as we do, but calling the country gun free is just ignorant. I am indifferent to Canadian gun laws, as I AM NOT CANADIAN and don't care what they do with their country. I support any Canadian who tries to change their laws to be more pro-gun, but it's their country they can do what they want.

My bad. Heretofore, everything I have read or heard about firearms in Canada, with the exceptions of Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, and, possibly Nunavut, has reminded me of New Jersey, California, or Illinois. Of course, none of these State is gun-free, but their administrations would like them to be.
I would rather be a Canadian gun owner than a New Jersey or Illinois gun owner.

Canadians have done a better job of defending their gun rights without a Second Amendment than the residents of New Jersey, Illinois or California have done with one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top