JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 7x57 Mauser that was my fathers. It has no serial numbers other than two stampings. One is 7x57, the other 777. Is the 777 the serial number? It is a short barrel. 20 inches. Curious as to what this rifle is.

8D9A6532-9902-450E-969F-785CCC11ACC9.jpeg C58556B8-49AF-4016-B0A6-5828F39DDCA1.jpeg C3429842-32AE-4A49-A51C-FD66472E46CD.jpeg

Looks like a nicely made sporter from a 1895 Mauser.
The identifying markings would be under the scope mount on the receiver. or along the side of the receiver...
Many times they are removed , during the sportrizing process.
Andy

You might contact this company. They were located in Oregon at one time.

Edit to add...

It would be interesting to know if Reto Buehler put this rifle together.

"After working for 5 different gun companies in 3 different countries, the time seemed right in the spring of 2005 to start my own gun company, Buehler Custom Sporting Arms. The focus of the company was from the beginning on to build high quality custom rifles for serious hunters and collectors alike.

I was born and raised in Switzerland. Firearms are a part of life in Switzerland and they are deep ingrained in the Swiss culture, just like here in America. I was around my father's service rifle and grandfather's hunting gun since I can remember. As a teenager I wished nothing more than one day to be a "Buechsenmacher", or gunmaker. The opportunity presented itself in 1988 and I left my tiny hometown and the family farm and started a 4 year apprenticeship in Luzern with the company "Felder Waffen".

In 1996 I moved to the United States and have been residing here ever since. Growing up I was fascinated with the United States, the land of the endless opportunities, the strong and righteous defender of the Western world during the cold war, a country deep rooted in capitalism, and where hard work can realize the American dream. Things have changed in the last 20 years. Our freedoms have been more restricted by regulations and laws and America has been straying from the concept of rugged individualism. Still, America has been very good to me, and I love the country dearly. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and 2 boys and have the privilege to do what I like doing most in life, the building of fine guns.

I'm primarily focused on building high-grade bolt-action rifles, but I also build falling block rifles, single shot break open rifles and best quality double rifles. My break open guns are built completely in house. I do take on repairs on high end guns, if time allows for it. From the metal work to stock making, bluing and finishing, we perform all aspects in house, with the exception of engravings. I'm well equipped and utilize modern technology. 2 CNC milling machines and Cad-Cam software are part of my equipment and have become very much part of life. But at the end of the day, about 80% of the work is still done by hand.

Please feel free to contact me, I would love to hear from you."

--Reto Buehler

Last Edited:
The identifying markings would be under the scope mount on the receiver. or along the side of the receiver...
Andy
No markings under the scope mount.
Andy

F7323E39-19C8-44AE-ACBD-29AA201C4B14.jpeg

It has a Buehler low swing safety conversion lever installed.

Nothing to do with Buehler building this rifle.
I was a common conversion once these military action rifles were Sporterized for scope use.

I do really love the stock. Not sure if it was original to the build. My father was always refinishing stocks. Regardless of how old it is, who built it, or it's value, it's priceless to me. Just wish I knew more of the history behind it.
Thanks everyone

E331D97C-93EC-4F67-89B3-4BD38B7B92D2.jpeg

7mm Mauser, serial number 777, go buy a lottery ticket.

Sometimes a professional gunsmith will mark his work with initials or name on the barrel under the wood somewhere. Not always.

You might contact this company. They were located in Oregon at one time.

Edit to add...

It would be interesting to know if Reto Buehler put this rifle together.

"After working for 5 different gun companies in 3 different countries, the time seemed right in the spring of 2005 to start my own gun company, Buehler Custom Sporting Arms. The focus of the company was from the beginning on to build high quality custom rifles for serious hunters and collectors alike.

I was born and raised in Switzerland. Firearms are a part of life in Switzerland and they are deep ingrained in the Swiss culture, just like here in America. I was around my father's service rifle and grandfather's hunting gun since I can remember. As a teenager I wished nothing more than one day to be a "Buechsenmacher", or gunmaker. The opportunity presented itself in 1988 and I left my tiny hometown and the family farm and started a 4 year apprenticeship in Luzern with the company "Felder Waffen".

In 1996 I moved to the United States and have been residing here ever since. Growing up I was fascinated with the United States, the land of the endless opportunities, the strong and righteous defender of the Western world during the cold war, a country deep rooted in capitalism, and where hard work can realize the American dream. Things have changed in the last 20 years. Our freedoms have been more restricted by regulations and laws and America has been straying from the concept of rugged individualism. Still, America has been very good to me, and I love the country dearly. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and 2 boys and have the privilege to do what I like doing most in life, the building of fine guns.

I'm primarily focused on building high-grade bolt-action rifles, but I also build falling block rifles, single shot break open rifles and best quality double rifles. My break open guns are built completely in house. I do take on repairs on high end guns, if time allows for it. From the metal work to stock making, bluing and finishing, we perform all aspects in house, with the exception of engravings. I'm well equipped and utilize modern technology. 2 CNC milling machines and Cad-Cam software are part of my equipment and have become very much part of life. But at the end of the day, about 80% of the work is still done by hand.

Please feel free to contact me, I would love to hear from you."

--Reto Buehler
I emailed them some pictures. But this rifle is much older than I think his history of building rifles is. As far as I can remember, my father had this rifle as early as the late 1970's early 80's.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top