JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same with my father as he was a gunsmith/ffl from the late 70s to around 1995. The one I pictured above was one of several he built. It is in 8mm-06ackimp.
It was sold to an army buddy of mine who kept it for for 30 years and recently returned it to me to pass down to my grandson.
Anyway, I grew up with crates of mauser parts laying around the house and several dummies for me and my friends to play with.
Later in life I also worked as a gunsmith for Jerry Kramer out if Hood River. I attended 6 /7 shows a year for a decade or so with that old fella. It was in that time I was really schooled in mausers and lugers. Jerry had a very large and valuable collection, a horder of collectible guns more or less. Matter of fact one of his lugers was featured in John Walter's book. He was very well connected in that world and he taught me more then i deserved and introduced me to some amazing folks.
Anyway, I've handled hundreds over the years and seen only a handful of original k98 snipers. Thats all i was getting at. Most not for sale, and all verified in some fashion. Holes lining up even with period correct mounts isn't always proof of anything other than someone drilled it for them at some unknown point in time.
Sure wish we could still find em for $15 or the cases of them my pops used to get for$
$99 lol
I grew up playing with a Spanish Destroyer rifle because they did not think I could find ammo for it! DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top