Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can someone translate what the Emeryville (CA) Police Chief said?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jimwsea, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Lol. God I hate emeryville. For people not familiar with the bay area, the chief was known on cal guns for being a complete and total retard, way before the newest ca gun grab effort.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

Sounds like some phone calls need to be made to this police department to let them know what we think.

4. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Here is a thread from a few years back. The first post sums it up. Don't need to read through it entirely. Basically there was a very interesting city council meeting.

Dude is a world class bubblegum. I was not even a little surprised to see him siding with the democrat super majority and the ridiculous proposal presented.

I also won't be surprised if it passes and becomes law.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4280635

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Some one should remind the chief that the Supreme Court said, in DC v Heller: "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon. There are many reasons that a citizen may prefer a handgun for home defense: It is easier to store in a location that is readily accessible in an emergency; it cannot easily be redirected or wrestled away by an attacker; it is easier to use for those without the upper-body strength to lift and aim a long gun; it can be pointed at a burglar with one hand while the other hand dials the police. Whatever the reason, handguns are the most popular weapon chosen by Americans for self-defense in the home, and a complete prohibition of their use is invalid." DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

jimwsea and (deleted member) like this.
  6. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

My mind boggles at the chief's boggled mind. The boggled chief sure likes his fours stars on the uniform, delusions of being a general it seems.

7. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

What's the big deal here? It's a rare moment of honesty from the head tax-eater on the nature of government guns.

8. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Exactly, folks should be overjoyed at the honesty.

Seriously, how long are normal folks just going to continue feigning surprise, making excuses for obvious oppression and turning the blind eye?

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

No, I can't translate stupid, the official government language.

coyoteman5 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Word!

11. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

seen on the South Park (officer Barbrady's)Police cruiser"To Patronize and Annoy"