JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New user and just listed a rifle under the classifieds. I was curious if anyone knows about any laws regarding traveling out of state and selling firearms. I ask because I am a Washington local, but visit Oregon occasionally. I would not mind making a day trip to Portland area for a transfer at an FFL, but am unsure about legality. I have searched the forums and tried general google searches with little results. Hopefully that means I am good to go.

Yes. Federal law allows gun transfers interstate, both buy and sell, but they must be done via FFL.

A resident of Oregon can go to WA state and purchase a long gun there, as long as they comply with WA state laws. And vice versa.

A resident of a state can only purchase a handgun within the state of they are resident in, the purchase may be from a resident of another state if it is transferred via an FFL.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top