JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The extractor on a 1911 is also internally captivated, it doesnt have a free range of motion to spring over the case rim.
Not all of them...

1680848774306.jpeg 1680848786265.jpeg 1680848796323.jpeg 1680848808875.jpeg 1680848822629.jpeg Nd9GcRBSh3Eo0kYeA6Sp_vwCI8Bdl8uNVGA2XDSpQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Don't think this will work with my Ithaca, keep jamming my thumb up trying to stick it in the side of the receiver... :s0092:
Someone mentioned trying with an Ithaca. Probably a joke and I'm missing it.
The joke is an Ithaca is bottom load/bottom eject therefore doesn't have an ejection port on the side so he "jams" his thumb when he tries.

1680849099941.jpeg 1680849133089.jpeg 1680849603069.jpeg

All that aside, Ned Christiansen cut a side port in an Ithaca 37 for Steve Fisher so he could port load it. This thread has ne wondering if that particular setup will ghost load, I'm going to have to get is touch with one or other or both and find out. It would be slick to get an extra round especially with shorter mag version which I personally prefer.

I prefer the short mag 500... but its because its the one i already got pretty cheap HAH...
is there a reason that you prefer it? ya got me wondering if there is an advantage i'm overlooking.

For me, an Ithaca 37 would be my light-weight, fast handling shotgun. The shorter mag version fills that bill better, I would keep it clean, no light, no optic, no shell carrier...I already have a decked 870 and 1301 with that sort of setup. Slam fire goodness in a nice light-weight package, lookout.

I ghost load.
I had never heard of if until I got my first Benelli. And then it was from duck hunters who championed a cheater shell in a 3 shell gun (magazine) for duck hunting. Something about a filling in a bolt 'notch' in certain guns that allow the cycling... Dunno details.
With an M4 - (Marine M1014) - The USMC manual of ops actually describe 'Carrier Loading'.

I ghost load.
I had never heard of if until I got my first Benelli. And then it was from duck hunters who championed a cheater shell in a 3 shell gun (magazine) for duck hunting. Something about a filling in a bolt 'notch' in certain guns that allow the cycling... Dunno details.
With an M4 - (Marine M1014) - The USMC manual of ops actually describe 'Carrier Loading'.
That's cool to learn…. Thx

For me, an Ithaca 37 would be my light-weight, fast handling shotgun. The shorter mag version fills that bill better, I would keep it clean, no light, no optic, no shell carrier...I already have a decked 870 and 1301 with that sort of setup. Slam fire goodness in a nice light-weight package, lookout.
Sounds like a dream. I think they're the most aesthetic pump. Would slam

So... I'm guessing that this could also be used to carry an extra round with the chamber empty?

BTW we likes our Dear Slayer.
IMG_0090 (2).JPG

Rural home security by the fast and the furriest.🐱

Didn't want to start a new thread but felt like commenting…..

Recently started watching Deadwood… really enjoying it.

There's something about Sheriff Bollocks' walk though….

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top