JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We should set this up outside his abode...

F81D1A88-BED1-4ED9-ACA0-2AF76C1F7B5F.jpeg

Agreed that firearm safety rules were not followed.

I do like the phrase : "Sh!t Happens"...but in the world of firearms , when this happens people can be hurt or killed.
It never hurts to double check your firearm to see if it is loaded and keep that muzzle pointed in a safe direction....but failure to do so , can hurt , if not worse.
Andy

For myself when I'm goofing with a gun I still check to see if a round magically appears in the chamber even though I know that there's not and there is no live ammo around.
Pretty much if it leaves my hand I check it when I pick it back up. Most of the time I don't even think about it, I just do it.
I have a stack of old phone books that I dry fire at as well because ya know, sh!t happens and I would rather poke a hole in some phone books rather the water heater or wall.

[Altfilish was disassembling a 9 mm handgun while Deschand was standing near him and the gun accidentally discharged.]
Translation, Altfilish squeezed the trigger and the gun did what it is made to do, fired. Stupidity should be painful. Some times it is, sadly not often enough.

Police: Gun believed to accidentally discharge in Camas home, man treated for non-life-threatening injury

Altfilish was disassembling a 9 mm handgun while Deschand was standing near him and the gun accidentally discharged.

I just love how it's always the gun doing the "accidental discharging" as if an inanimate object can do anything.

How about...
"Altfilish negligently discharged a 9 mm handgun during disassembly striking Deschand who was standing near him."

In my many years of looking at antique firearms...I have come across more than a few that were stored loaded and in some cases , capped....
In any of the above , the gun itself did nothing....its when a person mishandles a firearm , where the trouble starts.

Please note that I am not saying to store your muzzleloader loaded and capped...In general I think that is a unwise practice...not because of the firearm , but again , because some fool will disregard safe firearm handling practices.
Andy

If my gun is not on my hip or in use at the range the mag is removed and the slide is locked open at all times. when some one asks to see my pistols I hand it to them the same way, no mag in the well slide locked open. I never hand any one a loaded hand gun. As for my long guns (all bolt) I remove the bolt before handing the gun over. for lever guns I empty the tube (or remove the mag) and hand the gun with the lever open, No Ammo in the vicinity. I have dummy rounds made up for dry fire if needed and those are kept in a different room from where I store my live ammo.

I can see it now..
They are designing the Glock, one says to the other, Won't someone shoot themselves removing the slide?
Naw... who is that stupid?:D

You can only dummy down a gun so much, dummies will still find a away to screw it up.
Indeed. I learned a painful lesson with a vintage paintball gun many years ago... I had removed the hopper and emtpied the feed tube of paintballs but negleted to confirm that the breech was empty... wanted to show my friends that air itself was not gonna hurt :rolleyes: had my hand in front of the muzzle at a few inches... approximate 280 fps of a .68 caliber paintball out of that thing at that close of a range... my left hand was numb for several hours :confused: from that point onwards, open the breech, slide, bolt, action and visually check for anything, double check

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top