JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I appreciate being called out, I'm not entirely sure what to about this stuff. Honestly just having a conversation about it truly helps me get through it. Things are getting weirder and weirder from the way it was. Just trying to process a lot of this.

Thanks for posting guys.
@Reno I'm saving you a spot down here. Haven't seen a tent in the 2 years I've been here

As far as general principle goes, I agree with calling law enforcement.
I do not agree with those who complain about society and do nothing about it while exclaiming "it's not my problem". Then they just move on to b******* about something else, like that is an asset to the local community...
I recently was driving home late at night and noticed a person inside a nearby fenced construction area carrying a long extension ladder. My guess, at that hour it was a theft in progress. I called police and they seemed appreciative and said they were sending a patrol vehicle.

I run a small water plant for a municipality here in the valley and had our alarm company call me last week because of a burglary alarm with movement in the building. They asked if I wanted them to dispatch and I replied yes, I'll be there too and this is what I'm driving and wearing. I get there and nobody is there, I wait close to 30 minutes and it's now close to 3:30 am, so I decide to clear the building myself. It was a false alarm, but I called the county dispatch and said to call the officer off but she said, "oh they decided to not respond, doesn't meet their criteria". I was furious, alarm with movement inside of a potable water plant and they choose to not respond. I lost a bit of respect for the guys and gals who stand up front to receive credit for very few of them being hero's. I'm just venting here but extremely disappointed in the city and county cops that my immediate tax dollars pay for.

I run a small water plant for a municipality here in the valley and had our alarm company call me last week because of a burglary alarm with movement in the building. They asked if I wanted them to dispatch and I replied yes, I'll be there too and this is what I'm driving and wearing. I get there and nobody is there, I wait close to 30 minutes and it's now close to 3:30 am, so I decide to clear the building myself. It was a false alarm, but I called the county dispatch and said to call the officer off but she said, "oh they decided to not respond, doesn't meet their criteria". I was furious, alarm with movement inside of a potable water plant and they choose to not respond. I lost a bit of respect for the guys and gals who stand up front to receive credit for very few of them being hero's. I'm just venting here but extremely disappointed in the city and county cops that my immediate tax dollars pay for.
That sucks! And I can understand your frustrations. I think I would want to have a conversation with the sheriff in question and ask him if possible terrorism is within their 'criteria'. If you do meet with him I'd love to hear his responses. And certainly if they decide they are not coming they should have called you to tell you, not the other way around. Next time you'll know to come heavier armed.

Wow. Sounds like your local LE ought to brush up on "ways bad guys could kill lots of people". Contamination or disruption of water supply is a pretty obvious one.

Is this how you want your kid to see you or see that?
I'm sorry but yes I'd much rather them pay the price for their actions Than me have to be assaulted by them yearly, verbally accosted by them weekly have them steal anything that isn't nail down in my yard, break into my car And best of all the state spends about $50,000 a year of tax dollars per homeless person to enable them to continue. Not to mention the nice piss and bubblegum And garbage everywhere. Make natural selection great again.

I worked a night patrol in federal way for a few years. I lost track of how many times I called 911 on a non responsive individual unconscious on the properties. I was grateful I was there to do it, a few wouldn't have made it. The cycle of drug and alcohol abuse combined with mental problems and hopelessness is devastating. I finally couldn't take it any longer and requested assignment elsewhere.

"Am I wrong thinking that it would of just been better someone really just hit him and ended it?"

You are not wrong.
I'm sorry but while I understand the emotion of those comments you are wrong to me. Why not take a 22 and just finish them off. Its less expensive than repairing a car ($10-15K). Is it OK to have someone else hit them, or would you volunteer? I hate panhandlers who approached my car for $, but I also did not like the Fill The Boot campaign either-- blocking the street and somehow they were more entitled to do it.

I worked in the event business in downtown PDX and around town. I've seen the tweakers and the homeless and the panhandlers on the streets. But not all were bad. Had a female friend who was downtown and walking back to her car to find a guy breaking into her car. She yelled at him and he turn and popped off a shot at her. She ran around the corner and by a homeless camp. 2 guys there pulled her in behind them and then confronted the guy who was chasing her.

So who is going to choose?

I'm sorry but while I understand the emotion of those comments you are wrong to me. Why not take a 22 and just finish them off. Its less expensive than repairing a car ($10-15K). Is it OK to have someone else hit them, or would you volunteer? I hate panhandlers who approached my car for $, but I also did not like the Fill The Boot campaign either-- blocking the street and somehow they were more entitled to do it.

I worked in the event business in downtown PDX and around town. I've seen the tweakers and the homeless and the panhandlers on the streets. But not all were bad. Had a female friend who was downtown and walking back to her car to find a guy breaking into her car. She yelled at him and he turn and popped off a shot at her. She ran around the corner and by a homeless camp. 2 guys there pulled her in behind them and then confronted the guy who was chasing her.

I guess I view the dirtbag homeless population with a different lens.

That sucks! And I can understand your frustrations. I think I would want to have a conversation with the sheriff in question and ask him if possible terrorism is within their 'criteria'. If you do meet with him I'd love to hear his responses. And certainly if they decide they are not coming they should have called you to tell you, not the other way around. Next time you'll know to come heavier armed.
Wow. Sounds like your local LE ought to brush up on "ways bad guys could kill lots of people". Contamination or disruption of water supply is a pretty obvious one.
My thoughts exactly.

Can DHS get involved?

I know they patrol parts of Seattle

Can DHS get involved?

I know they patrol parts of Seattle
The coast was clear this time but it was a real eye opener and changes are in the works. We have city police there but no one was on duty that night so it went to county, they dismissed the call. New protocols are in the works because I brought this to light about the lack of coverage, now the security co calls our police directly.

I'm not saying we choose I'm saying we let nature do what it's done for 3 1/2 billion years And decide what portion of the species is more successful than the rest but I am not OK with smooth brained mouth breathing Recessive gened knuckle draggers Breeding together in mass and then me being monetarily raped so I can subsidize more of it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews