JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't even tell you the last time I had to call 911. I think my wife did maybe 15 years ago.

Had to return a set of rings at Sportsmans on 185th. T1X does not use regular Tikka rings.

Figured I'd take the kid to get ice cream since it's closer to 90 than it needs to be.

Leaving the parking lot a bum is walking in and out of 185th with cars going up and down upwards of 40+mph. Guy nearly died a couple of times where cars had to slam on the breaks nearly hitting the guy. He just flip them off slur some words and keep going.

Lady on the hotline acted as if it didn't even matter.

What a cluster F.

Am I wrong thinking that it would of just been better someone really just hit him and ended it?

I was at the red waiting to get onto 185 just watching it all unfold. About 7-8 car accidents were miraculously avoided somehow!

Can't say I am a little less happy that it's spreading this far west.

Reno

Is this how you want your kid to see you or see that?
God no. I'd rather him not see the crazy person wondering around aimlessly either. I can't even imagine what kids think when they see this stuff.

Am I wrong thinking that it would of just been better someone really just hit him and ended it?

Reno
Well, whilst I don't care one bit about the vagrant criminal doing tweaker twirls in traffic, I wouldn't wish that on any of the drivers. That would be traumatic for most people. And, it'd probably be a huge hassle to deal with.

Yesterday, I saw a vagrant at the bus stop dead on the ground with a police officer performing chest compressions.
As much as I hate the vagrants for ruining our cities, I was kind of grateful someone cared enough to try and save him. Then I remembered that people want to defund the police, and seeing this officer working to save the guy, I got mad at how messed up society is.

Well, whilst I don't care one bit about the vagrant criminal doing tweaker twirls in traffic, I wouldn't wish that on any of the drivers. That would be traumatic for most people. And, it'd probably be a huge hassle to deal with.

Yesterday, I saw a vagrant at the bus stop dead on the ground with a police officer performing chest compressions.
As much as I hate the vagrants for ruining our cities, I was kind of grateful someone cared enough to try and save him. Then I remembered that people want to defund the police, and seeing this officer working to save the guy, I got mad at how messed up society is.
I appreciate being called out, I'm not entirely sure what to about this stuff. Honestly just having a conversation about it truly helps me get through it. Things are getting weirder and weirder from the way it was. Just trying to process a lot of this.

Thanks for posting guys.

@Reno We are dealing with this more and more in "red" Yamhill Co. These wretches are everywhere, and what little sympathy I had for the "homeless" is now LONG gone.
I understand struggling, I've worked 2 jobs at the same time, worked 50 hrs a week and attended night school, owned 2 small businesses and all the while looked around me at people who were full of excuses of why they couldn't do something to better their situation. Not all, but most of these cockroaches don't care about you or the damage they willing to cause to personal property, public property or anything else.
They are allowed to destroy at will and they know there will be no consequences.
Absolutely maddening!

I appreciate being called out, I'm not entirely sure what to about this stuff. Honestly just having a conversation about it truly helps me get through it. Things are getting weirder and weirder from the way it was. Just trying to process a lot of this.

Thanks for posting guys.
I hope you didn't think I was calling you out!
I'm also having a tough time dealing with this stuff.

Yeah, 911 isn't going to prioritize a crazy guy J walking. Heck, I called after an argument with a neighbor who threatened to shoot me if I came near his home (I called non emergency to document) and it was like the lady was just moving number to number at the DMV. Unless your house is getting robbed and you're in it or there's a cardiac arrest event, I don't imagine the lights and sirens are coming your way anymore

Last month a tweaker was walking in and out of an intersection wearing only bib overalls. He was spun out so bad I have no doubt he thought he was on the moon and ants were crawling on him. He came very close to getting hit several times and came very close to removing his clothes many times.

A concerned young man stopped and tried to get the guy out of the road. He blocked traffic while he tried to talk to the guy. Tweaker had zero reaction to the guy trying to talk to him. A very large man got out of another vehicle and picked the tweaker up by the back of his overalls and nicely tossed him off the road, told the other guy to get in his car and call the police and carry on with his day.

Not much else you can do as a passerby. All I know is if he would have stepped out in front of my logging truck he would have been a stain on the road before I would endanger another motorist or myself trying to avoid him. Lucky for me I was in a left turn pocket and he was over on the right in the through lanes.

I hope you didn't think I was calling you out!
I'm also having a tough time dealing with this stuff.
Shoot, you admitted to watching one possibly die in the street. I don't know what I'd be going through seeing something like that. All I witnessed was a man willing to die and cursing out anyone who didn't have the balls to do it. That or these drugs are some serious stuff. How else could a grown man walk out in the middle of an extremely busy road during a high traffic time?

Yeah, 911 isn't going to prioritize a crazy guy J walking. Heck, I called after an argument with a neighbor who threatened to shoot me if I came near his home (I called non emergency to document) and it was like the lady was just moving number to number at the DMV. Unless your house is getting robbed and you're in it or there's a cardiac arrest event, I don't imagine the lights and sirens are coming your way anymore
This is the truth I want, but also don't want!

It pains me, coming to terms, that this area no longer places simple yet dangerous things as priorities.

Also watching leadership poor money on it as if that is the solution. Give them more, just give them more. I don't think giving them more is helpful. It's like your kids, they break something, you take it away. You don't go out and get them another one until they know not to break it.

I have seen this exact same thing multiple times mainly because of the hours I work. I now seldom bother to call. Reason is I know how the calls are handled. They are a VERY low priority and when Police do arrive, if they arrive, they can normally do nothing other than try to herd the kook out of the road. The ones I feel bad for are the people who end up hitting said kooks as it will shake a lot of people up for life if they kill one of them. This is the world the voters here said they wanted over and over again. :s0092:

This is the world the voters here said they wanted over and over again. :s0092:
I guess that's the part I struggle with the most is the shear amount of complacency. Even I am complacent and becoming more each day I'm exposed to it. I've come to accept this as part of life living here. I'm struggling to decide if I want to stay and try and help make this place better or GTFO. I see a lot of care and help look good on camera or paper, but then it seems that this model is only growing the problem versus shrinking it.

"Am I wrong thinking that it would of just been better someone really just hit him and ended it?"

You are not wrong.
Often sooner or later someone does finally wipe them out. Sadly it is often hard on the person who hits them. There was on down my way couple weeks ago on I5. They had the whole freeway shut down for hours since pieces of the guy were spread over a couple miles of the lanes. He wandered out of one of the "homeless" camps along the way.

@Reno The people walking/rolling/ignoring don't-walk signals out in traffic could be seen daily without needing to be out on potland city streets for very long. Also, not uncommon for people that don't appear to be the homeless dregs just walking out in front of moving cars because they don't seem to have the sense to look first.
I don't stop for people at all these cross walks. I watch very close though incase they do stoopid.
One day at one of these crossings, not an intersection, a woman with two kids walking, and a stroller, approached the crossing. I wasn't going to stop for them. There was nobody coming behind me and they would have been clear to cross in a couple/three seconds. The two kids? They never looked and were going to cross in front of me! They did stop though.

As far as hitting one of these kinds of people? That I had NO WAY of avoiding? It would suck, for awhile. In the long run the damage to my car would be more of a concern to me.

Sounds like another day in Potlandistan and the greater metro area....

I just hope I finally get to see one of these folks become a grease stain. They'll have finally found a purpose other than being a scumbag.

insurance should pay out double if portlands bum scum suicides on your car in traffic.
my kids just point them out and say how gross it is that these people cant just get a job and contribute, they are 5&7.

I can't even tell you the last time I had to call 911. I think my wife did maybe 15 years ago.

Had to return a set of rings at Sportsmans on 185th. T1X does not use regular Tikka rings.

Figured I'd take the kid to get ice cream since it's closer to 90 than it needs to be.

Leaving the parking lot a bum is walking in and out of 185th with cars going up and down upwards of 40+mph. Guy nearly died a couple of times where cars had to slam on the breaks nearly hitting the guy. He just flip them off slur some words and keep going.

Lady on the hotline acted as if it didn't even matter.

What a cluster F.

I was at the red waiting to get onto 185 just watching it all unfold. About 7-8 car accidents were miraculously avoided somehow!

Can't say I am a little less happy that it's spreading this far west.

Reno
I would bet there is a high probability I would no this individual. (Nothing in your post points me to a specific individual, I just know a very large portion of them from work.
Honestly, I had a work colleague someone jumped in front of his car to kill himself and, well, he was not okay afterwards. That night I had missed someone who tried the same stunt on me. I just got very lucky. It turns out he drove the same route about 2 minutes later and dude got his timing right. We assume it was the same guy.

For some of these folks, death would be an end to torment and as such I don't always feel sad when we lose a patient, because I know what hell was in their head that they told me about. But I always am terrified of the collateral damage to the one driving the car.

And no, 911 is slow. I call a lot for welfare checks and to report threat of harm to self or others. Universally slow.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews