JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
desalinization plants. drink processed seawater.

Exceedingly expensive and not particularly practical.

The cost of the energy and the maintenance is prohibitive.

The waste - the amount of water that goes through the system to produce much less drinkable water is inefficient.

As far as I know, no one is using such a system for irrigation or other water purposes, only for potable water. Water we using for drinking is a small percentage of our water use.

Yeah right. Like that will ever happen. Dream on.

People are always talking about seceding from a state or even from the USA, hasn't happened in well over a century, not going to happen anytime soon.

It's just qualified for the ballot. I was born there and there really are 6 states as far as politics and demographics

<broken link removed>

And where are the majority of the people in Calif?

In the big cities like LA, SF and SD.

Do you really think the pols, the lobbyists and the bureaucrats are going to let the majority of people think this is a good idea?

If so, then I have some swampland to sell you.

Come back after the vote and tell me how wrong I was.

As long as "the people" think they will get free stuff, they will vote for anything. Someone tells them smaller sate = more freebies, it's a done deal.

Which is just the opposite of what they will be told.

The pols/bureaucrats/lobbyists/etc. will not want to break up the state because that means less money and less power for them.

The people in the large cities, which is where most of the people live, will not want to lose the taxbase either.

Show me where, in the last century, any of these secession movements have succeeded in the USA such that a state was actually broken up into smaller pieces.

And where are the majority of the people in Calif?

In the big cities like LA, SF and SD.

Do you really think the pols, the lobbyists and the bureaucrats are going to let the majority of people think this is a good idea?

If so, then I have some swampland to sell you.

Come back after the vote and tell me how wrong I was.

The Mexicans might,and they own Southern Cali politically

It takes a while for an "empire" to "collapse".

But feel free to come back after the vote and rub my nose in it if you are so sure.

I've been hearing for the last 40 years how the whole world was going to collapse.

I finally got tired of waiting for it to happen and started planning my retirement instead.

It takes a while for an "empire" to "collapse".

But feel free to come back after the vote and rub my nose in it if you are so sure.

I've been hearing for the last 40 years how the whole world was going to collapse.

I finally got tired of waiting for it to happen and started planning my retirement instead.

It's inevitable.. just a matter of time, all multi cult empires collapse and this one will, too

Well now here you go California....rain, watch your top soil wash away, idiots driving in water drowning, more idiots in the flood basins in the water at 35mph...:s0114::s0114::s0114:

Stop your complaining.

LIGHT RAIN BEGAN IN SAN LUIS OBISPO AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTIES
EARLY THIS MORNING AND WILL SPREAD SOUTH AND EAST INTO VENTURA AND
LOS ANGELES COUNTIES THROUGH THE DAY. RAINFALL AMOUNTS WITH THIS
WEATHER SYSTEM ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM .50 TO 1.00 INCH ACROSS
COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS TO 1.00 TO 2.00

RAINFALL AMOUNTS WITH THIS SECOND STORM COULD BE VERY IMPRESSIVE.
THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR 1 TO 3 INCHES FOR COASTAL AND VALLEY
AREAS AND 3 TO 6 INCHES IN THE FOOTHILLS AND MOUNTAINS... WITH
LOCAL AMOUNTS OF UP TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE ALONG FAVORED SOUTH
FACING SLOPES.

Well now here you go California....rain, watch your top soil wash away, idiots driving in water drowning, more idiots in the flood basins in the water at 35mph...:s0114::s0114::s0114:

Stop your complaining.

LIGHT RAIN BEGAN IN SAN LUIS OBISPO AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTIES
EARLY THIS MORNING AND WILL SPREAD SOUTH AND EAST INTO VENTURA AND
LOS ANGELES COUNTIES THROUGH THE DAY. RAINFALL AMOUNTS WITH THIS
WEATHER SYSTEM ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM .50 TO 1.00 INCH ACROSS
COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS TO 1.00 TO 2.00

RAINFALL AMOUNTS WITH THIS SECOND STORM COULD BE VERY IMPRESSIVE.
THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR 1 TO 3 INCHES FOR COASTAL AND VALLEY
AREAS AND 3 TO 6 INCHES IN THE FOOTHILLS AND MOUNTAINS... WITH
LOCAL AMOUNTS OF UP TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE ALONG FAVORED SOUTH
FACING SLOPES.

They're getting more now, continuing through the weekend.

Meanwhile Western WA is getting much rain. One reason we moved here

The Pacific NorthWet gets rain - but sometimes it isn't up to our "normal" average. And too much rain at one time doesn't help - it just floods areas and then drains off. What we need is snowpack.

We've had local flooding last week and this week it has dried out, with local rivers going back below flooding and some standing water in the fields draining off, but there is still a lot. But that water won't be around come summer, it will be the reservoirs and the snow pack that will help use then, and we also need water in the aquifers.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews