JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's apparently a chlorine shortage, nationwide that I've only recently heard of. I am curious if this will translate into water shortages and/or water restrictions. I'm wondering what the wisest move would be to prepare for such a thing. Filtration or stock up on water? We have a small store of water, but it wouldn't be sufficient at all if it went long term. It isn't really viable to store a large amount, unfortunately.

I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts.

They have been making noise about it for a while. If it comes to the point they want to slow the flow so to speak it will not be like there is no drinking water. They will start to put in restrictions of watering. Since in most places the treated tap water is used to water your lawn too. This is where they will start to make people slow down if, it comes to that.

There's apparently a chlorine shortage, nationwide that I've only recently heard of. I am curious if this will translate into water shortages and/or water restrictions. I'm wondering what the wisest move would be to prepare for such a thing. Filtration or stock up on water? We have a small store of water, but it wouldn't be sufficient at all if it went long term. It isn't really viable to store a large amount, unfortunately.

I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts.
Buy chlorine. 10 drops per gallon of water IIRC

I'm jealous. I'm cursed to have fluoride water. For the teeth in my stomach, I suppose....
Get a Big Berkey. If it's out of your budget you can make one from buckets, a spigot and aftermarket Berkey filters on eBay.
There's a ton of info on Poo Toob.
The nice thing about this type of filter is that you can pour pond water in and it will come out clean.

Get a Big Berkey. If it's out of your budget you can make one from buckets, a spigot and aftermarket Berkey filters on eBay.
There's a ton of info on Poo Toob.
The nice thing about this type of filter is that you can pour pond water in and it will come out clean.
Awesome, thank you!

While not as well known, a really good alternative to YouTube is Odysee. I highly recommend it.

It occurs to me that we tend to obsess with the future - a future which may never arrive. In all of this planning and speculating, purchasing, learning and setting up, we are losing something: our daily lives right now. Will I wake up in the morning? Will I be one of the 102 Americans that perish in traffic accidents tomorrow? Heart attack? Massive stroke? Therefore, I am enjoying what little I have left, right now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top