Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

California Bank Robbery Shoot-out

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Norm0931, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/1...-during-central-california-chase-1-hostage-2/
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/stockton-bank-robbery-and-chase-ends-shooting/ngg58/

Nail in the Coffin for Californians on being able to buy ammo IMO. Stockton PD released a statement earlier saying they were using "AK-47 assault rifles." If they were automatics there is a good chance they trace back to Senator Yee's gun smuggling ring or a cartel. I feel like maybe the cops are coached to say what they say in California to make more out of the situation relating to guns than it is. This is a tragedy no doubt, but his statements just seem to much like they were written by Dianne Feinstein's press writer.

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

If only a few of those californians had a CC pistol on them..

3. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

4. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Stockton was the start of the CA "Assault weapon" bans - the idiot who shot up a school yard back in the early 90s.
    Stockton isn't exactly a safe city to begin with. I recall going down to a shop there years ago to pick up some suspension parts - the buildings in that warehouse district all had been shot up and I don't recall many that didn't have bullet holes in them.

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, I'm sure the criminals passed background checks and were using their California limited 10-round capacity magazines with micro stamping. It's good to know the gun laws in California do such a great job preventing gun tragedies :confused:

Stomper, cgrapego, WilliamIV and 5 others like this.
  6. GrpCapMandrake

GrpCapMandrake Vancouver Active Member

If only the laws were more restrictive I think the criminal element would finally get the message. o_O

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

.. Sadly perfect timing for them to justify the illegal actions of banning Russian imported AKs..

etrain16 likes this.
  8. cooper

cooper molalla Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No fun for any families involved . I clicked on that" second link.........so the suspect vehicle ? That "exploder looks like swiss cheese ......was there no concern for the woman's safety . Looks like they might as well used a drone fired hellfire . I also would question who shot and grazed the other two hostages . Again sorry for families , where was the " NO BULLET BUTTON ON AK " GUILTY

OLDNEWBIE and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Californians have been driving in and out of the state delivering pot to the surrounding states for decades...

Not to mention the amount of booze that goes over those state lines .

I'd assume that they could do the same with ammo and firearms so why even have those laws?

Quacky88 likes this.
  10. Quacky88

Quacky88 Oregon Active Member

I agree Norm, Feinstein's army has their fingers in everything and you can bet Sacramento will use this to their full advantage. I've had the misfortune of being in Stockton on more than one occasion and was always quite happy to leave the place. From a booming gold rush town, to flourishing farming community, to BANKRUPT SES PIT plagued with gang violence. I don't know if you guys remember the Delta Smelt incident a fews years back, but it was basically their Spotted Owl, shutting down generations of farmland and ending the livelihood of many real Americans causing mass exodus leaving what we now see in cities like Fresno and Stockton. Having some family in Cali it just makes me sick to see what should be another great state of the union turned into a another commie den...Sheez... I'm ranting again I digress. Sorry for all those involved or hurt in this incident and those decent Americans who will lose more rights because of it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    FortRock likes this.
  11. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, no concern for the hostages safety! What would have been wrong with an aerial monitoring/ wait and see strategy? Certainly a better moment would have presented itself to snipe these guys out with a little more precision.

12. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Reminds me of that shootout with Dorner, I thinks that's his name anyway, the cops shot up a tuck with two women in it. They don't play down there in California.

13. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I thought they only used food stamps down there.

14. cooper

cooper molalla Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Exactly , like bangers looking for the other set . Smoke that slob

15. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy Shot; 2 Killed:

A buddy of mine was in the heart of this. But because of the laws there he only had a 10rd AR15 with a "bullet button". I'm sure the bad guy had a drop free mag and 30rds or more.

Same old same ol, too sad.

cooper likes this.
  16. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

17. semperfi68to70

semperfi68to70 South Salem, Oregon Well-Known Member

I can't say I'm surprised. I was living down there when they started developing the Morongo Valley area which is where Moreno is. It was a very popular place for the bangers living in Compton to migrate. Houses were cheap and a lot of Crips and Bloods ended up in that area.

18. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

I remember when the SLA was robbing banks in long beach, it's a bank robbers wet dream, most banks are no more than a few miles from a freeway. Once they make it to a freeway they can be going in most any direction and be miles away in 15 minutes (depending on traffic :) )