JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I call B.S. on the whole thing. It's fake news cooked up by the LSM to sell gun control.
Everybody knows that the DPRK has a grade of A from the Gun Grabbers for their exemplary restrictions on the use of firearms by the honest.
Therefore incidents like this are not only prevented, but actually impossible under Kali's legal system.

I see little compassion here for 8 dead Americans of unknown political lean. Honest question... Devil's advocate or whatever. As someone that exercises their 2a rights, as a gun owner, does anybody here have tangible ideas on how to better control mass shooting events?
No easy answer, because mass shootings are not an accident. So it's not like redesigning an unsafe car. These are purposeful acts committed by people. The problem is in people.

The really big lie is this notion that everyone is crazy to varying degrees, and that anyone could "snap" at any point in time.. therefore nobody should be trusted and/or have access to anything other than a musket "for hunting".

The truth is, almost 100% of people never commit mass murder, no matter how much they might be struggling. And almost all of these mass murders are committed by people who have shown signs of serious breakdowns.

In this libertine narcissistic post-modern America, the mechanisms by which society polices itself are broken.

Gosh, all the talk about warnings, FBI watchlists and head meds....

Maybe we should start requiring a mental evaluation to own guns!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quote from another site..

"California has an "assault weapons" ban, universal background checks, a red flag law, a 10-day waiting period on gun sales, a limit on the number of guns a law-abiding citizen can purchase in a month, a "good cause" requirement for concealed carry permit issuance, and numerous other guns controls, as well as controls on ammunition sales.

None of these controls prevented the 57-year-old suspect from entering San Jose's Valley Transportation Authority building and using two handguns to kill eight people."

I see little compassion here for 8 dead Americans of unknown political lean. Honest question... Devil's advocate or whatever. As someone that exercises their 2a rights, as a gun owner, does anybody here have tangible ideas on how to better control mass shooting events?
This is the folly of man
Assuming control is possible.

Crazy people do crazy things. And a certain percentage of the population is going to be affected by mental and emotional problems, with varying severity, manifesting at different times in their lives. Magnified by the fact that the population continues to grow, and in so growing is condensed. Specifically condensed more and more in urban areas. San Jose is not downtown Tokyo, but it also isn't Cerro Gordo.
No offense meant to you or your question, sir. There are no simple answers to humanity's deep seated issues.

This is the folly of man
Assuming control is possible.

Crazy people do crazy things. And a certain percentage of the population is going to be affected by mental and emotional problems, with varying severity, manifesting at different times in their lives. Magnified by the fact that the population continues to grow, and in so growing is condensed. Specifically condensed more and more in urban areas. San Jose is not downtown Tokyo, but it also isn't Cerro Gordo.
No offense meant to you or your question, sir. There are no simple answers to humanity's deep seated issues.
as an old man, much older than glock handgun, I have pondered and opined the subject for many decades. Over the years the question is "what's different now?" The answer is....opinion of course.

as an old man, much older than glock handgun, I have pondered and opined the subject for many decades. Over the years the question is "what's different now?" The answer is....opinion of course.
What's different for me?
What's different for you?
What's different for someone with a significant mental illness living in San Jose?
Also, are you really the same person you were in 1982? Or are you different now?

There's a quote that I forget, but it's something like: a man can kill anyone on this earth, as long as he's willing to die for the opportunity.

If you want a nuanced conversation on this, I'd be happy to take it to PM. But, in short:

Something like a waiting period does have statistical and verifiable affect on violence, in both directions. See, most suicide attempts are fleeting thoughts and most who attempt, should they fail, do not attempt again.

That being said, waiting periods have also led to people being killed who were unable to defend themselves.

There's a similar thread here with ERPO's - though I think the implementation of those has been atrocious.

But, how would you stop a man who, up until today has not commit any crime, and who is willing to die for his deeds? The only thing that I can think of is to have less of these men in the population to begin with. We need to look at why these things happen and solve for those issues. Mental health destigmatization, social bonds, financial safety nets, substance abuse...all things our society could do better.

This went from in short to somewhat bigger so, I'll leave it there.

Gosh, all the talk about warnings, FBI watchlists and head meds....

Maybe we should start requiring a mental evaluation to own guns!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Unfortunately, @Reno , wa state has included a delicious little taste of this in our stellar 1639 law. I've already signed away my HIPA privacy at least 8 times over the last year and a half.
This is happening already.

There's a quote that I forget, but it's something like: a man can kill anyone on this earth, as long as he's willing to die for the opportunity.

If you want a nuanced conversation on this, I'd be happy to take it to PM. But, in short:

Something like a waiting period does have statistical and verifiable affect on violence, in both directions. See, most suicide attempts are fleeting thoughts and most who attempt, should they fail, do not attempt again.

That being said, waiting periods have also led to people being killed who were unable to defend themselves.

There's a similar thread here with ERPO's - though I think the implementation of those has been atrocious.

But, how would you stop a man who, up until today has not commit any crime, and who is willing to die for his deeds? The only thing that I can think of is to have less of these men in the population to begin with. We need to look at why these things happen and solve for those issues. Mental health destigmatization, social bonds, financial safety nets, substance abuse...all things our society could do better.

This went from in short to somewhat bigger so, I'll leave it there.
I like that you touched on the financial situation in your post.
I can't imagine being what I am ( blue collar, supposedly decent job, good benefits) but have to watch the tech explosion happen over the last decade/15 years.
This is a broad assumption that mr. 57 yr old lived and worked in San Jo this whole time. But if so he probably developed a sense of hopelessness and low self worth during this period.
Again, wildly speculative.

I see little compassion from our leaders or media for the thousands who have lost their lives because their basic rights to self-defense have been denied them by gun-free zones, over-reaching legislation, and propaganda.

Remember, this shooter also already committed arson, and had explosives. Once again we see that gun control actually creates more victims. One way or another he was determined to take lives. If guns didn't work then he would use fire and explosives.

In reality, you or I cannot prevent every act of evil. We do not possess omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence or perfect infallibility. The moral core of this world has been corrupted and those who say we need to return to our moral center are ostracized or drowned out by the masses. Which is why a pure majority-rule democracy is brother to tyranny and why this country was not founded as a democracy but a republic.

The only two people who can have any immediate affect on a crime are not law enforcement or legislators, but the perpetrator and the victim. If the victim has no way to prevent the crime or defend himself or herself, then the perpetrator will always have the first and final say on who lives or dies. The Second Amendment is what gives the Constitution, and would be victims, teeth. The more it is eroded the more mass killings we will have.

I suppose we could bow the knee to worship government - proven corrupt and immoral, with agendas that are far from altruistic - using technology and "laws" to imitate omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence for power and control. At best they are the blind leading the blind. But we can no longer claim ignorance. Just by simple observation, there are some truly bad actors doing bad things while pulling the strings. When evil determines morality you will never have justice. And in a fallen world we will never be free of crime.

More concealed carriers.
More concealed carrying and information that there is a large number of people carrying concealed. You know, so far the most honest, law abiding amongst us.

Heaven forbid an episode here and there of a concealed carrying hero on TV. No need to blast a doctor student. Just show some compassion at gun point.

I see little compassion from our leaders or media for the thousands who have lost their lives because their basic rights to self-defense have been denied them by gun-free zones, over-reaching legislation, and propaganda.

Remember, this shooter also already committed arson, and had explosives. Once again we see that gun control actually creates more victims. One way or another he was determined to take lives. If guns didn't work then he would use fire and explosives.

In reality, you or I cannot prevent every act of evil. We do not possess omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence or perfect infallibility. The moral core of this world has been corrupted and those who say we need to return to our moral center are ostracized or drowned out by the masses. Which is why a pure majority-rule democracy is brother to tyranny and why this country was not founded as a democracy but a republic.

The only two people who can have any immediate affect on a crime are not law enforcement or legislators, but the perpetrator and the victim. If the victim has no way to prevent the crime or defend himself or herself, then the perpetrator will always have the first and final say on who lives or dies. The Second Amendment is what gives the Constitution, and would be victims, teeth. The more it is eroded the more mass killings we will have.

I suppose we could bow the knee to worship government - proven corrupt and immoral, with agendas that are far from altruistic - using technology and "laws" to imitate omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence for power and control. At best they are the blind leading the blind. But we can no longer claim ignorance. Just by simple observation, there are some truly bad actors doing bad things while pulling the strings. When evil determines morality you will never have justice. And in a fallen world we will never be free of crime.
1622139344827.png

The left and its media encourages violence on a wholesale scale. Just look at blue controlled cities and their daily actions and corresponding sanctions.
They have only themselves to blame for this.

Well, peacock…. since you're implying you have more moral "compassion" than the rest of us… let me humbly come before your superiorness and proffer a proven idea to effectively control mass shootings….

SHOOT BACK!!

o_O :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR