Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cabelas....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jvbutter, Mar 12, 2011.

1. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

I am getting together supplies to make a big run to Dads for some reloading, and restocking my empty ammo cans... I was visiting my brother this weekend, on the way back, I thought I should stop off at the BIG Cabelas and get some lead... boy was i disappointed.. There reloading selection is basically 2 racks.. not very impressive in my book... Maybe I was expecting too much. Anyone else feel that way??? Its a great Outdoors store, with 1/2 the bottom floor covered with racks and racks of clothing. Where do people go to get good bulk supplies.

2. OneManWolfpack78

OneManWolfpack78 Federal Way Member

order...midwayusa.com

3. jvbutter

damm before I could edit you posted... Thanks for your comments. Yes i know Midway, but I was thinking local to Northwest Or shoot, even Cali for that matter, I will be going to So Cal to reload... Problem i find with mail order... lead is heavy, and UPS wants $$$ to ship heavy items.

4. NWnewguy

NWnewguy Poulsbo New Member

Depending on what and how much you are ordering, some places will ship via freight, so it takes a little longer, but the shipping is free. I know that is how I buy 223 tips by the 6k.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the weight is not a problem USPS flat rate Priority takes care of that its the Haz Mat fee's that kill on line reloading supplies.

Go to Bi Mart and support a company that has supported reloaders since the late 60's

6. CavVet

CavVet Seattle Member

I dont know how far north into WA you will look, but there is a place an hour north of Seattle called Kesslerings.

The gunshop side is known for clowns and tomfoolery crap customer service, but the reloading side has always been very well stocked and 2 old guys who know anything you need to know on reloading.

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

For online I also like Wideners. Buy enough quantity and the hazmat is not too bad

8. jvbutter

Yes I love the "free freight"... I picked up some 223 ammo from Cabelas $5box and free ship over $100... made money on that deal. USPS one rate... yup awesome shipping package, and diff size boxes also... Bimart... yea, I should look there... I know there ammo is cheap... didn't think about them for reloading supplies. I will have to check out Wideners...

9. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention Graf and Sons (online)

10. jvbutter

checking them out now... thx.... seems Graf has all free ship :)

11. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Next time on the way to Cabelas stop by the "Wholesale Sports" that is on the other side of the freeway. Its at the Hawks prarie exit. THey seem to have a better selection of reloading and also cleaning stuff than Cabelas.

12. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

SportCo at exit 136 in Fife has a good selection of powder and primers; just a little cheaper than Wholesale Sports in Federal way.

13. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

ebay has lead. last price was less that buck a pounf for reclaimed bullet lead in 10 lbs ingots. Sportco primers are 30 bucks per 1000.

14. not nipsy

not nipsy Olympia, WA Member

Came here to post this. The Wholesale Sports (Formerly "Sportsman's Warehouse") across the way has a MUCH better selection than Cabela's. Their staff is generally more knowledgeable, if you can actually get one over to help you....

15. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

+3 for Sportco and Wholesale Sports. I usually buy lead shot in eastern washington. Just trying to find a bag to weight down a Lead Sled for rifle sighting in was pretty difficult to find west of the mountains.