JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10% discount day for cabelas club visa holders. Have them match bimarts price on blazer brass 9mm use club visa for $1 of the purchase and discount gift cards for the rest.

Edit: i just realized the 10% club visa discount is for online orders only. So if you like fiocchi ammo order online and have them match academy's deal: Fiocchi Pistol Series Dynamics 9mm 115-Grain Centerfire Ammunition | Academy

Last Edited:
I was thinking about getting one since I'll be passing thru Eugene tomorrow.Wondering if anyone has signed up for one recently. I looked it up on google and found that it was a 9.9% interest which is way to much for me. I thought maybe they might do a zero % rate when you first sign up. If anyone knows feel free to chime in.Thanks for the help guys.
Personally, you Do Not sign up for a credit card to get a low interest loan, you sign up to earn points and get the signing bonus. Cabela's is $25 in points I believe. I've never known them to have a low interest rate or even balance transfer offers. But, they are transitioning to a new bank, now that they are owned by Bass Pro Shops. I use my Cabela's card only for Cabela's purchases, so I pay it off before ever paying any interest. But I earn point which equate to cash back on the next purchase, and sometimes they give extra point on some items. Bottom line, if you have an airline miles or food store card that gets you point or money, it might be a better deal.

I have a Cabelas card. For years I used it religiously, paid it each month, racked up points and used those points here and there. These days, it rarely sees the light of day. If you're a traveler, you might be better served with an Alaska airlines card. I came to this conclusion after comparing the tens of thousands of dollars I spent annually using my Visa card. I got a way bigger bang for the buck using an Alaska card. I just got back from 11 days in Alaska, my flights cost me about $12 roundtrip. I can do this about every other year if I went to Alaska that often. More importantly, you get a companion fare every year which allows my wife to fly to Maui every year for $119 When I buy a full fare ticket. We do this every year. An Alaska card does cost $75 a year, but what I save in airfares still makes this a no brainer. If Alaska offers a better ticket price after I have bought my ticket (and they frequently do) they give me a voucher for the difference that I use on my next flight. Nothing wrong with a Cabelas card, but if you travel with the spouse or fishing buddy, there are better options.

I have a Cabelas card. For years I used it religiously, paid it each month, racked up points and used those points here and there. These days, it rarely sees the light of day. If you're a traveler, you might be better served with an Alaska airlines card. I came to this conclusion after comparing the tens of thousands of dollars I spent annually using my Visa card. I got a way bigger bang for the buck using an Alaska card. I just got back from 11 days in Alaska, my flights cost me about $12 roundtrip. I can do this about every other year if I went to Alaska that often. More importantly, you get a companion fare every year which allows my wife to fly to Maui every year for $119 When I buy a full fare ticket. We do this every year. An Alaska card does cost $75 a year, but what I save in airfares still makes this a no brainer. If Alaska offers a better ticket price after I have bought my ticket (and they frequently do) they give me a voucher for the difference that I use on my next flight. Nothing wrong with a Cabelas card, but if you travel with the spouse or fishing buddy, there are better options.

The Alaska Airline card is through Bank of America.

I closed it earlier this year after BofA started playing gun politics. It wasn't all that easy to close and I finally had to visit a branch and make a little fuss about it. They are a terrible bank when it comes to customer service.

I paid what was due, which was just short of 3k, in cash....which they didn't like. A couple weeks later I get a statement saying I owed $1.78 which means that they must have hit me with interest on some amount even though I always paid it off in full.

I briefly thought about making the payment at a branch in pennies, but eventually said "screw it" and wrote out a check and mailed it in.

During that two weeks between my "closing" the account and making the final extortion payment, my mailbox was flooded with offers and stacks of checks tied to that account. I have zero doubt that even today, months later, that if I called them up, the account would be up and running again in minutes.

E

Just recently I was reading the terms on some card agreement application. Pretty sure it was handed to me at Cabelas when walking in.

I quit reading at the "29% APR" line.

Have been spoiled by living cash--in--fist style the last couple decades. Seems to work well for my own needs.

Just recently I was reading the terms on some card agreement application. Pretty sure it was handed to me at Cabelas when walking in.

I quit reading at the "29% APR" line.

Have been spoiled by living cash--in--fist style the last couple decades. Seems to work well for my own needs.

Purchases at Cabela's and Bass Pro are 9.99%......if you carry over a balance.

All other purchases are between 17.07% - 26.07% depending on your credit rating.

E

Last Edited:
Interest rate is irrelevant as long as you pay card balance every month AND I'm racking up miles that allow me to travel much cheaper then those who pay with cash. After a couple of years, I could buy another sinister black gun with the money I saved. So in a way, BofA and Alaska Airlines is paying me to perpetuate the gun lobby.

racking up miles that allow me to travel much cheaper then those who pay with cash.

such benefits don't accrue to those of us who don't fly under any circumstance

The complexities of balancing the alleged savings/promotional aspects of using a product intended to generate income for 3rd parties is one of the most clever of modern marketing skills.

Interesting. State your case.
It's been stated all the way through this thread.
For example, I have a Cabela's Club Card which I use for everyday purchases and pay it off every month.
I use it like cash but I don't have to carry around a bunch of cash.
The Cabela's Card is not the best card but there are a few things that I like to buy at Cabela's.
You don't have to buy at Cabela's to accrue points.
I'll elaborate....
An occasional shootin' iron, reloading supplies and perhaps ammo. (from Cabela's)
It's super-easy to tap into your "points" (free money) at the check out.
So that's why I like the Cabela's Card.
I currently have $287 worth of "free money" that would not have if I had been paying cash for my everyday purchases.

Other cards redeem your points in different ways.
I HATE the cards that only offer points for certain types of purchases at certain times of the year.
That is a non-starter for me.....I'm not of the coupon-clipper mentality.

YMMV

Can't think of very many everyday situations where paying cash is going to get you a better deal. Safeway and Arco gas maybe. But, I go to a steak house and buy a $30 steak, it costs $30 whether you pay cash or I pay by credit card, but with my card I just earned 30 more miles. Day in and day out this adds up to a $600 roundtrip seat to Maui for $119 every year AND a $500 roundtrip seat for $12 to Anchorage every other year. Just where are you making a killing paying cash only every day?

Just where are you making a killing paying cash only every day?

Perhaps I haven't made my point clear. We all make arrangements that fit our particular needs.

I need no miles as I quit flying many years ago and will not be attending that venue in the future.

And I'm not looking for 'free trips to Vegas/etc' with my points. It's nice you've found something worth while.

For myself, I prefer cash for my purchases.
I prefer not giving my SS# away for a piece of plastic. I prefer to not be concerned about a number of scam issues that plague many. I prefer the control having the cash gives that helps moderate my own impulse purchases.

What's getting you all so fired up? How's this any different than 9/45 choice, or striker/hammer choice, or SA/DA choice, etc?

Appreciate the advantages you've found for yourself. They don't appeal to me, why bother?

My Visa is through the credit union.

I have all of my bills automatically paid on the card and pay it off every month.

I cash out the points for gift cards from Cabelas. Pays for reloading supplies.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top