JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I load by hand.

Too soon? :D

Thanks for the share. :)

Last I heard, you don't do 22lr! :confused:

Any advice on one of these?

I all you are going to say is "I load by hand" then don't bother. I found a bunch of those on other forums.

I tried one of these today
Maglula LULA Mag Loader Unloader Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle Polymer
But at $37 seems a bit steep.

The Butler Creek -
Butler Creek Mag Loader 10/22 Hot Lips Steel Lips Mag
I own, but have no success with. Maybe my technique.

Anyways, TIA.
The maglulu hands down. It's not really worth it loading the 10 rounders, those are still easier to load by hand. The 25 round mags are where it helps.

Any advice on one of these?

I all you are going to say is "I load by hand" then don't bother. I found a bunch of those on other forums.

I tried one of these today
Maglula LULA Mag Loader Unloader Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle Polymer
But at $37 seems a bit steep.

The Butler Creek -
Butler Creek Mag Loader 10/22 Hot Lips Steel Lips Mag
I own, but have no success with. Maybe my technique.

Anyways, TIA.

Like the idea of the Maglula. Probably will end up with one to toss in range bag. Have been using a Butler Creek one since before the great Clinton ban and it's just always worked. It does often take some "playing with it" when you first start. Once it starts feeding though it fills them fast. Main thing is not to try to force it when it does not. Sure beats hell out of putting them in one at a time.

The Butler creek, I only tried for a few mags, but ended up with a number of dented cartriges.

Well, I have a few boxes of those that don't work, too well in my gun, so I might practice a bit.
I have seen in a couple of other forums similar views - for some it is fantastic, for others frustrating.

The Butler creek, I only tried for a few mags, but ended up with a number of dented cartriges.

Well, I have a few boxes of those that don't work, too well in my gun, so I might practice a bit.
I have seen in a couple of other forums similar views - for some it is fantastic, for others frustrating.

Not seeing it I would take a pretty sure bet you just need to work with it. I have seen what you describe many times and done it myself with mine. The fix was always in "coaxing" the tool to work right. In other words not forcing the rounds in. Takes some practice and sometimes playing around to get them but they will feed the rounds in once you get it going.

Since you asked......

Champion-40430.jpg

Ok, ok, ok......I use it (to me it's the best for the BX-25). But you have to get the "right one" (Champion part #40430). It doesn't work with the "other brands of magazines". And, I don't use it load the factory 10 round magazines.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I had a chance to 'practice' with the Butler Creek loader. Got a dozen mags loaded - a bit slower than I had been trying, but with no issues.

I had found a couple of U-tubys to see the techniques.

Does this work with the OEM mags? I've read mixed reviews and want to get one of these, but haven't bought one yet because of the mixed reviews. Your experiences with the factory/OEM mags would be appreciated, thanks!
You mean the 10 round mags that come with the rifles? I had never tried so just got mine out and tried. Loaded a couple of the Factory 10s right up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top