JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's pretend like I was going to buy some virgin, de milled, primed brass.

I assume one would need to neck size, maybe even full length size the brass before use. This of course would require lube. What would I do to remove this lube? Wipe it down with alcohol? tumble it in corn cob media? I'm open to any thoughts.

Thanks!

That all depends on the lube that you use and if the brass is not already sized from the factory. I use Hornady OneShot spray to lube as it doesn't have any extra steps after you use it, it drys up or evaporates. It's also non-petroleum base so it won't hurt the primer or powder. The application lasts about 30min after drying.

Typically i use a liquid lanolin/ alcohol misc will that do the same as one shot?
Lanolin should be ok as long as it's cleaned off and alcohol is a 50/50 depending who you ask.
OneShot doesn't require any cleaning to remove it as it evaporates fully after about 30-45min after use and won't hurt the primer or powder while still applied.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews