JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess it really won't make a difference for me anyway. I was told by the sheriff office my new carry permit is being delayed because the state is going really slow on CCP approvals. Two week as of today and the sheriff said nothing back from the state yet.

Guess it really won't make a difference for me anyway. I was told by the sheriff office my new carry permit is being delayed because the state is going really slow on CCP approvals. Two week as of today and the sheriff said nothing back from the state yet.
I know guys have waited over a month

We bought a bunch of Canik TP9SF's on the same day. FFL did mention he'd have to do a form for the ATF on the purchase, but not to worry as he had only heard of 1 (normal*) person getting an a visit over a large single multi-firearm purchase, much larger than ours.

*normal=not a suspect straw purchaser, reported by an FFL.

We bought a bunch of Canik TP9SF's on the same day. FFL did mention he'd have to do a form for the ATF on the purchase, but not to worry as he had only heard of 1 (normal*) person getting an a visit over a large single multi-firearm purchase, much larger than ours.

*normal=not a suspect straw purchaser, reported by an FFL.
Lol I just thought you where just trying to tell us all your not normal HEHEH

I get 4 firearms every time I go see my local gun guy...

I know that sounds nuts but I buy lots of stuff and there are only 4 slots on the 4473 so I bring 4 home every time I see him (which is maybe once a month) I have my own spot in the back of his shop where the firearms I buy wait for pick up. I would guess he currently has at least 7 waiting for me to pick up and I just brought 4 home this week.

I know he has to fill out an extra form if two or more on one transaction (or within 5 days I think) are handguns. For that reason I tend to group all the handguns together if I can just to minimize his paperwork.

Go to different dealers...

problem solved.

In Oregon, there is, evidently, some way of the dealer knowing when running the BGC. I had a weird case in which a Title I handgun (it was later F1 SBRed to Title II) came into one FFL and two Title II items had the approved F4s arrive at another. I picked up the handgun from FFL #1, did the background, and done. Then I went and picked up the two NFA items (a suppressor and an AOW) from FFL #2 and he says "Huh, says here you did a background check earlier today ..." The AOW was a smooth-bore handgun (Serbu Super Shorty), so I don't know if that was a factor or not. It was, naturally, a non-issue, but I did find it interesting they could see the other.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews