JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going out on a limb and being optimistic about the HPA being passed, so I plan on stocking up on parts like tubes cones endcaps etc. before it passes and parts get harder to get. I know that once a hole is drilled in any endcap or cone, even freeze plugs they become a silencer part and subject to NFA rules. But if I advertised wanting to buy these undrilled parts or had a bunch of this stuff stocked up does anyone see a legal problem? I know people post some of this stuff for sale on other boards but I wonder if it would be ok to post WTB.

If I wanted legal advice, I'd call a lawyer.
If I wanted freeze plugs for my Chevy, I'd go to Pep Boys.
If I planned to sell my lawnmower, I wouldn't list it in the "wanted" classifieds.

Last Edited:
The less you talk about questionable stuff online, the better.

Spoiler alert: It ain't gonna pass. Not like the way you hope it will, and not in this administration's time.

Something worth mentioning: The company called SD Tactical Arms that sold all the parts for solvent traps was shut down by the ATF. Another company, Solvent Traps Etc, doing something similar, was shut down and the owner is facing federal charges. Yet another company, Darkside Defense, was shut down and their site seized for selling solvent traps.

Last Edited:
I've read all the stuff about SDTA and all the others selling solvent trap stuff and now the market has tightened up as far as finding stuff to buy. My guess is if HPA passes the rush will be on to buy and sell parts and it will be a while till things settle down. I guess I'll just keep on the lookout for stuff that's currently available.

All that stuff is still available on ebay and amazon from many vendors but if you are contemplating buying the stuff do it now if the ATF is indeed targeting sellers. He who hesitates is lost.

FWIW I am quite proficient in lathe work only because of my love of silencers.

Yep. Caution here is best. Dump your stuff. The Hearing Protection Act is NOT going to pass. No political traction to do so. No political benefit. Much potential political detriment. Save your money up and buy through a licensed professional dealer. There are many. But ... I do not know how many can manufactures are even still in business. We bought our cans from ...

www.eliteiron.com

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top