JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In Oregon thinking of buying 2 handguns at the same time.
The government changing the rules on the border states for multiple sales.
has any of the Oregon laws changed.
Is the paper work the same or is their extra.
Or is it better to buy 1 at a time.
The sales are through a ffl and I am not trying to side step any laws just want to know.
Charger

I believe you can buy as many guns as you want. Buying more at once you only have to pay the $10 background check once. I recently bought a handgun last week and the paper work is the same as when I bought my first gun last sept.

Last month I purchased two pistols at once, paid one background check fee and I had no issues..... my FFL charges a transfer fee per item so I paid $20 transfer fee (for two guns, $10 per gun) and the $10 BC and I was on my way home with a smile on my face. Now I did purchase on the internet and it was shipped to my FFL so I don't know if that is different or not, or if you are talking about buying multiple guns at a local store or whatever.

I believe you can buy as many guns as you want. Buying more at once you only have to pay the $10 background check once. I recently bought a handgun last week and the paper work is the same as when I bought my first gun last sept.

This.

I have bought two or more at one time, and had no problem what so ever. Most recent was right before last xmas.

You can buy as many firearms as you want. However, (at least in Oregon not sure if its the same for Washington but one could assume), if you by more than 5 guns in a 7 day period from ONE FFL they must process special paperwork for the ATF which will put you into review from what I understand. Mostly they just want to make sure your not doing anything illegal with your guns.

You can buy as many firearms as you want. However, (at least in Oregon not sure if its the same for Washington but one could assume), if you by more than 5 guns in a 7 day period from ONE FFL they must process special paperwork for the ATF which will put you into review from what I understand. Mostly they just want to make sure your not doing anything illegal with your guns.

Well good thing I'm only picking up two guns lol. I wonder what kinda list the ATF puts you on if you buy more than 5.

Two handguns at once, no difference, still gotta pay the state fee but that's it.

The FFL I use in greater Seattle (Snohomish County) also indicated that the purchase of 2+ handguns within a week will result in more paperwork and attention. I assume it may be a Federal rule.

Peter

Sales/disposition of multiple handguns in one transaction or over a short time period by a Federally licensed dealer to one individual give rise to the filing of a special notice (Form 3310.4 - Multiple Dispositions) to both BATFE and local law enforcement.

Dealer has no discretion here.

You can look at the form here - <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top