JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I make all of my decisions based on corporate affiliations.

Then, I SHOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH anyone who supports/affiliates with AARP. And, I'm not even a member of AARP. I bet AARP is really scared now.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I didnt join NRA for the discounts either.

Being a working family, I have little time for activism or attending rallies etc. I give NRA my money because they are my voice to Congress. Period.

I dont always like what they do or some of the fights they pick (or dont) but they are the best bet.

I can only hope that these discount programs cost the NRA $ and that they will be saving a few bucks in the process. OR maybe these separations violate contracts and the NRA can sue them for damages.

Either way... Im sticking with them and will go out of my way to tell the quitters what I think of them and be sure that the ones who stick with them know that they get my money because they stayed with the NRA.

Its 3rd & Goal here... we are very close to losing our gun rights. Anything and everything is needed to stop it from happening.

I didnt join NRA for the discounts either.

Being a working family, I have little time for activism or attending rallies etc. I give NRA my money because they are my voice to Congress. Period.

I dont always like what they do or some of the fights they pick (or dont) but they are the best bet.

I can only hope that these discount programs cost the NRA $ and that they will be saving a few bucks in the process. OR maybe these separations violate contracts and the NRA can sue them for damages.

Either way... Im sticking with them and will go out of my way to tell the quitters what I think of them and be sure that the ones who stick with them know that they get my money because they stayed with the NRA.

Its 3rd & Goal here... we are very close to losing our gun rights. Anything and everything is needed to stop it from happening.

I did not join the NRA to get any discounts either. I do have an ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance that I use to insure all of my firearms.

If I make all of my decisions based on corporate affiliations.

Then, I SHOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH anyone who supports/affiliates with AARP. And, I'm not even a member of AARP. I bet AARP is really scared now.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

To each their own I guess. I am too busy working and running a company to be able to do much more than vote at the mailbox (I hate vote by mail, but thats another topic), and vote with my wallet. I admit my slashing ties with Delta and Enterprise wouldnt even make water cooler gossip at either of the two organizations. However if 90% of the members of the NRA did the same thing; now there's some bucks involved and they will take notice. I can only hope you are one of the few who can't or won't fight back with your wallet...assuming you are an NRA member of course....

They say #oneless I say #onemore
Latest build, almost complete.

View attachment 433937
Just finished mine as well.

While I don't agree with it, I understand why the most of these companies are getting out of Dodge. What I think is funny, is that Omaha is choosing to stop issuing NRA branded Credit Cards based on "customer feedback." Who honestly pays attention to which company issues a particular credit card unless they already have one? It's obviousy a bit of a rhetorical question, but I'm still amazed.

20180224_161956.jpg

To each their own I guess. I am too busy working and running a company to be able to do much more than vote at the mailbox (I hate vote by mail, but thats another topic), and vote with my wallet. I admit my slashing ties with Delta and Enterprise wouldnt even make water cooler gossip at either of the two organizations. However if 90% of the members of the NRA did the same thing; now there's some bucks involved and they will take notice. I can only hope you are one of the few who can't or won't fight back with your wallet...assuming you are an NRA member of course....

So, you want/wish to see change take place at the NRA from within? If so...."How (and in what form) would that look like?" But then, if I'm wrong......enlighten me. I'm listening.

Anyway....no insult intended. But, since you sort of asked.....

...assuming you are an NRA member of course....

My response is.....

I am the NRA (Life Member).
And, I vote.

LOL. If you were attempting to discredit me by questioning my NRA status. It's was noted. Don't worry, I wasn't all bent out of shape over it. This is not a d#@^ measuring contest. So, I'm just asking....

What is your NRA status?

I don't want to assume anything. Not that I care.......because, NRA or NOT NRA........I respect your right to have an opinion and to state it here. Of course.....following the rules as laid out by the Forum.

Now, moving along......

Having said that, as for my post about not supporting corporations (and the others) who wish to support/advocate for the AARP. Well, I won't actually be carrying around a list of companies and organizations. I won't and don't really let those little things matter in my life.

I'm a retired Govt worker. I may not have owned and run my own business. But, I guess* you didn't include that in your post just to brag (maybe, maybe not, whatever). Probably, it was just to point out where you're coming from. That is: Business matters and that having a boycott of one's business matters.

Yup.....the NRA could be thought of as a "business." And, so could the AARP.

*I'm sorry, I should have learned my lesson about "guessing" about what/how someone thinks/feels. LOL.....maybe some might have seen the humor, maybe not. Yes, I am capable of my own attempt(s) at humor. If you're offended....I apologize. Jeez. So, many hurt feelings. So, moving along.....

For those who were offended by my using the AARP in my example. You are probably asking, "So, why did he pick on the AARP?"

Hey, I know that they support many good causes and things that I can agree with. But then, the AARP also has political issues that I don't agree with (that have no connection to ageing) and they also support many "left wing politicians" that do not support my views. In other words: I have my own "line in the sand" and they have crossed it many times. Your line in the sand may differ. So be it.

Maybe, the NRA has crossed your line in the sand?

Whatever.

AARP. The discounts. Nah. That's a bad (or just not a good enough) reason for me to join.

Having said all of that......I too, don't like the idea of voting by mail for everyone. Speaking only about WA at this time. Recognizing, State's Right and all that. But, the issue of the potential for FRAUD VOTING is another issue/topic (probably not appropriate for this thread).

Aloha, Mark

PS.....my post may seem to some, to be overly long. Yes, it is, I agree. But, I've tried to be clear (clear enough anyway) while trying not to offend anyone. LOL. As if it's possible (that is, not to offend anyone in this day and age).o_O

Last Edited:
So, you want/wish to see change take place at the NRA from within? If so...."How (and in what form) would that look like?" But then, if I'm wrong......enlighten me. I'm listening.

Anyway....no insult intended. But, since you sort of asked.....

...assuming you are an NRA member of course....

My response is.....

I am the NRA (Life Member).
And, I vote.

LOL. If you were attempting to discredit me by questioning my NRA status. It's was noted. Don't worry, I wasn't all bent out of shape over it. This is not a d#@^ measuring contest. So, I'm just asking....

What is your NRA status?

I don't want to assume anything. Not that I care.......because, NRA or NOT NRA........I respect your right to have an opinion and to state it here. Of course.....following the rules as laid out by the Forum.

Now, moving along......

Having said that, as for my post about not supporting corporations (and the others) who wish to support/advocate for the AARP. Well, I won't actually be carrying around a list of companies and organizations. I won't and don't really let those little things matter in my life.

I'm a retired Govt worker. I may not have owned and run my own business. But, I guess* you didn't include that in your post just to brag (maybe, maybe not, whatever). Probably, it was just to point out where you're coming from. That is: Business matters and that having a boycott of one's business matters.

Yup.....the NRA could be thought of as a "business." And, so could the AARP.

*I'm sorry, I should have learned my lesson about "guessing" about what/how someone thinks/feels. LOL.....maybe some might have seen the humor, maybe not. Yes, I am capable of my own attempt(s) at humor. If you're offended....I apologize. Jeez. So, many hurt feelings. So, moving along.....

For those who were offended by my using the AARP in my example. You are probably asking, "So, why did he pick on the AARP?"

Hey, I know that they support many good causes and things that I can agree with. But then, the AARP also has political issues that I don't agree with (that have no connection to ageing) and they also support many "left wing politicians" that do not support my views. In other words: I have my own "line in the sand" and they have crossed it many times. Your line in the sand may differ. So be it.

Maybe, the NRA has crossed your line in the sand?

Whatever.

AARP. The discounts. Nah. That's a bad (or just not a good enough) reason for me to join.

Having said all of that......I too, don't like the idea of voting by mail for everyone. Speaking only about WA at this time. Recognizing, State's Right and all that. But, the issue of the potential for FRAUD VOTING is another issue/topic (probably not appropriate for this thread).

Aloha, Mark

PS.....my post may seem to some, to be overly long. Yes, it is, I agree. But, I've tried to be clear (clear enough anyway) while trying not to offend anyone. LOL. As if it's possible (that is, not to offend anyone in this day and age).o_O

Dude... Whew... Did I strike a nerve? Take a chill pill. I wasn't trying to insult anyone about their NRA status... Simply meant that if you aren't in the NRA if you cut ties with any of the businesses it wouldn't be making a strong as a statement for support for the NRA...

But since you brought it up, check my profile. I will see your life member status and raise you to benefactor status. So yeah... I VOTE TOO. Also, I am a professional engineer in the State of Washington and so yes, running an engineering firm is a full time plus proposition. I envy your being a retired gov. worker... I was silly and stayed in the private sector so I don't get the gov. pension gravy train. Maybe I will get to retire someday if stress doesn't kill me first. Hopefully you are using the free time you have in retirement to support the NRA and gun owners. I am just suggesting one small thing that all of us can do; especially NRA members.

I didn't join the NRA and become a life member 30 years ago for the discounts. However, the idea that the left wing whackos can and do associate school shootings with the NRA should pizz off EVERY gun owner.... Especially NRA contributors like you and I.

The political left and the Antis are always scared to death of the NRA because of how much power they are presumed to have! Look at the last Presidential elections where Killory spouted off at how SHE alone stood up to the NRA, when in fact she did absolutely nothing, but it sounded good right? Point is, as big as the NRA is right now, just imagine how big they could be is every single gun owner became a member!:)
The politicos are right to fear the NRA, because they are the voice of the people in the swamp where it counts! Sadly, because they don't have the member numbers they need, the States suffer under the leadership who are funded by New York Billionaires with an agenda of power that requires the people have their rights squashed!

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top