JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can always pretend you have a bumpfire stock using your belt loop - and no felony there :p

Belt wearing is a micro agression to everyone who is or could potentially be a victim of anything and a sign of male privilege. Expect for legislation to ban belt loops on all male pants (women still need them to make fashion statements) during the next pendulum swing to the left.

Belt wearing is a micro agression to everyone who is or could potentially be a victim of anything and a sign of male privilege. Expect for legislation to ban belt loops on all male pants (women still need them to make fashion statements) during the next pendulum swing to the left.

You're right. I need to check my conservative white male belt-wearing privilege and make some grandiose gesture showing how I'm not the violent mysogionist they all assume I am.

Better yet, I'll just stop wearing pants, that's really the best solution :p

Found a Slide Fire for 269.00... considering the current circumstances, I though that a good price...

Leaning towards another Shield .45... NIB for 299.99, don't think I need to think about that for too long...

Who has the Shield .45 for $299? Been thinking about picking one up myself.

New Bipartisan Bump Stock Bill Would Actually Ban All Semi-Automatic Rifles
A new congressional proposal to ban bump stocks in the wake of the Las Vegas mass shooting would actually ban all semi-automatic rifles and parts.
October 13, 2017 By Sean Davis

A new gun control proposal in Congress that is being pitched as a bipartisan bump stock ban would actually ban all semi-automatic rifles in the United States, according to an analysis of the proposed bill.

The legislation, which was drafted by Rep. Carlos Curbelo, a Florida Republican, never bans bump stocks by name. Instead, the proposal bans any person from possessing or making any part that could be used to increase the rate of fire in any semi-automatic rifle. The lead co-sponsor on the gun control bill is Rep. Seth Moulton, a Massachusetts Democrat and U.S. Marines veteran who completed four tours of duty in Iraq.

"It shall be unlawful for any person … to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part or combination of parts that is designed to increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle," the bill states. At no point does the proposed legislation specify a base rate of fire against which any illegal increases would be judged, a potentially fatal flaw in the bill's drafting. As a result, the proposal arguably institutes a federal ban on any and all parts that would allow the gun to fire at all, since the mere ability to fire a semi-automatic weapon by definition increases its rate of fire from zero.

The design of semi-automatic weapons uses the recoil of the weapon generated by the gas explosion in the chamber when a round is fired to automatically chamber a new round, and prepare the weapon to be fired again. Because of this, any parts used in that process would likely be subject to the federal ban proposed in the Curbelo/Moulton bill, since they serve to increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic weapon. Gas tubes, gas blocks, buffer springs, magazines, charging handles, ejectors and extractors, and even triggers themselves could potentially be banned under the bipartisan bump stock ban language proposed by Curbelo and Moulton.

I have come to the point in my life that none of this matters anymore. Don't get me wrong. I've played the game by their rules since I was 18. I've been photographed, fingerprinted and background checked ta death. I've asked permission, payed tax stamps and gotten the required letters from the head Leo stating that Tully is a good guy yada yada yada.

And they always want more.
"No one needs a stock that will help them shoot a gazillion bullets a second. No one needs to be able to buy more than one gun every 10 days. No one needs a magazine that holds more than 10 bullets. No one needs a bayonet lug on a rifle." The list goes on all the way back to 1934 on what has been banned or has been up for a ban. All because something that should've been a stain on a sheet ended up in congress telling me they know what is best for me and mine.

Fornicate them and their sillyassed "laws".
We all know what the 2nd says.
"...right to keep and bear ARMS shall NOT BE INFRINGED."

The above is the only law I will abide by with regards to my firearms from now on.
If that makes me an outlaw, so be it. I am in good company the way I figure it. I will continue to build, buy shoot and repair my firearms for as long as I wish.
If at some point a person(s) or representatives of an agency wishes to take them away, they are free to come and get them.
I humbly suggest that if that is their course of action, the interested parties show up with something that has a bore larger than a 40mm, otherwise they are out gunned..

When I lived back east we would refer to these people as "Mbubblegums". Seems right. (For the record I have family in MA.)

Sorry if this has been posted before. I do not intend for this to be click-bait, I'm just curious if some of y'all have seen this video and what you think. I looked up the bill and it looks to say exactly what the gentleman in the video said.

Any opinions would be great.

"Republican Turncoats Introduce Anti-Gun Law"

New Bipartisan Bump Stock Bill Would Actually Ban All Semi-Automatic Rifles
A new congressional proposal to ban bump stocks in the wake of the Las Vegas mass shooting would actually ban all semi-automatic rifles and parts.
October 13, 2017 By Sean Davis

A new gun control proposal in Congress that is being pitched as a bipartisan bump stock ban would actually ban all semi-automatic rifles in the United States, according to an analysis of the proposed bill.

The legislation, which was drafted by Rep. Carlos Curbelo, a Florida Republican, never bans bump stocks by name. Instead, the proposal bans any person from possessing or making any part that could be used to increase the rate of fire in any semi-automatic rifle. The lead co-sponsor on the gun control bill is Rep. Seth Moulton, a Massachusetts Democrat and U.S. Marines veteran who completed four tours of duty in Iraq.

"It shall be unlawful for any person … to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part or combination of parts that is designed to increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle," the bill states. At no point does the proposed legislation specify a base rate of fire against which any illegal increases would be judged, a potentially fatal flaw in the bill's drafting. As a result, the proposal arguably institutes a federal ban on any and all parts that would allow the gun to fire at all, since the mere ability to fire a semi-automatic weapon by definition increases its rate of fire from zero.

The design of semi-automatic weapons uses the recoil of the weapon generated by the gas explosion in the chamber when a round is fired to automatically chamber a new round, and prepare the weapon to be fired again. Because of this, any parts used in that process would likely be subject to the federal ban proposed in the Curbelo/Moulton bill, since they serve to increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic weapon. Gas tubes, gas blocks, buffer springs, magazines, charging handles, ejectors and extractors, and even triggers themselves could potentially be banned under the bipartisan bump stock ban language proposed by Curbelo and Moulton.
There is a standard and that is how it comes from the factory so I don't buy into your logic.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top