JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I called OSP to find out what the laws are concerning bullets used for coyote hunting? They could not differentiate between the regulations for general hunting and FMJ and military rounds being illegal?
Is there a difference between varmint hunting and general big game hunting?
Are yotes considered predators?

Last Edited:
If it flies through the air and does damage to a coyote, its not only legal, its the right thing to do. Minimum? Spitwad from a rubber band. Hold on the eye. Rinse and repeat as necessary for best results. No charge for this service. Next question?

168 gr. Nosler HPBT from a .308. Humane ****, drill a hole right through em. They are a predator. You should try California I heard they're plentiful down there. Say...LA County area.

Small game any caliber is legal, I use a 22-250 45g HP, shooting about 4,000fps (not chrono) drops um stone dead and does no pelt damage. (unless you hit them in the shoulder blade that can make a mess lol)

Magazine capacity shouldn't apply to predator hunting. Just don't have a cougar or bear tag in your pocket if you are using a larger magazine. IMO a larger magazine is just extra weight you have to lug around. If you miss a yote on the first shot, they are gonna be long gone in a hurry.

In my area, it is wooded, with small clearings. The coyotes come in fast, and get spooked and disapear fast, so I use 00 buck, in a semi auto 12ga. I rarely have time to get a quality aimed shot, or work a bolt.

I got one coyote with my brand new Ruger 10/22 carbine.... open sights. One shot dropped him like a pile of hamburger.

Had some on my property last season, thought I'd try and get one or three of em. I guess they got wind of my plan somehow, as they seem to have shifted their den sites... haven't heard a one since about last September.

I hunt coyotes with my air rifle. It shoots 210grain .45Colt slugs at 780fps, though I killed this one with a roundball going around 870fps or so.

FirstCoyote004.jpg

Would like to know where on the east side of the cascades in this state of Wash. you could hunt coyotes without buying acreage to do so. Any general locations would be much appreciated.
As far as what to use on the critters I personally will be using a 220 Swift in a Ruger # 1 that I bought from a fella in Southern Calif. new unfired, had my smith look it over, got a clean bill of health so I kept it. The first time I Ran a patch through it to lube the barrel I got RUST. Upon further inspection you could see where metal had flacked off at the mussel. It's been at Ruger in N.H. since March 3rd while they try to decide if they have a barrel or not.
Anyhow in anticipation of it's eventual return I'll need to know where to go. THANK's

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top