JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done!

Please Sign HB 4045- as a law abiding citizen and a CHL holder, failure to sign this bill jeopardizes my privacy and possibly the safety of my family.

All of the people who need to know my CHL status already have access to that information, and anyone who doesn't already have access to those records have no right or need to know.

Respectfully yours,

(me)

C'mon guys (anyone who's sitting on the fence about this)- do your part to protect your own privacy. If you don't stand up for yourself, how can you expect anyone else to stand up for you?

have done so repeatedly

His spokesman says he isn't vetoing any bills and will sign the rest this week. Must be trying to lower the average number of vetoes from his first stint as governor. I'm still not convinced he'll sign it even if he doesn't veto it.

I also thought the deadline to veto or allow a bill to become law without a signature was the same date.

Gov. John Kitzhaber vetoes grand total of 0 bills from February session | OregonLive.com

The deadline for him to send notice of any vetoes expired Monday without him scotching a single bill from the February legislative session.

"The governor will not be vetoing any bills from this session, and will be signing all the remaining bills this week," said his spokesman Tim Raphael.

this bill has passed into law by "default" as the deadline to veto it passed by yesterday (as I heard it on the radio anyway).

This is the only way it could end because there is no way Obamahauber is going to put his signature on anything pro-gun.

Bills Signed

HB4045 Governor Signed 04/11/2012 Relating to the public disclosure of concealed handgun license information;

He added the state-equivalent of a "signing statement" to five bills, mostly saying that he is signing them, but isn't happy with them. HB4045 was *NOT* one of those. It was signed with no statement.

Just got this e-mail response from the Governor a few minutes ago:

Dear <xxxxx>:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for HB 4045. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

You may be pleased to know that today I signed HB 4045 into law. As I continue to work on the challenges facing Oregon, I will keep your comments in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpageto sign up for the most up-to-date information from my office or follow me at Facebook.

Sincerely,

John A. Kitzhaber, M.D.
Governor

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top