JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done!

Please Sign HB 4045- as a law abiding citizen and a CHL holder, failure to sign this bill jeopardizes my privacy and possibly the safety of my family.

All of the people who need to know my CHL status already have access to that information, and anyone who doesn't already have access to those records have no right or need to know.

Respectfully yours,

(me)

C'mon guys (anyone who's sitting on the fence about this)- do your part to protect your own privacy. If you don't stand up for yourself, how can you expect anyone else to stand up for you?

I have the sneaking suspicion that he'll veto it unless it has a provision to ban handguns in all public buildings. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the guy that keeps our tax kicker for 15 months longer than the law allows and has been trying to requisition it for 2.5 terms now.

Ban lawful concealed carry in all public buildings similar to the public buildings on the Virginia Tech campus? or the public buildings at Fort Hood?- why would anyone need to carry there? Don't they all have screen doors to keep the axe (and gun) murderers out?

Yes. Also the post offices around the country. While out of fashion now, "going postal" was coined for a reason! Also don't forget the schools where the sneaky teenage CHL holders are smuggling in weapons to shoot their classmates.

I think the key to our emails to the gov is to integrate the phrase "law abiding" and/or "responsible" into the conversation- someone who would go into a public building with intent to harm isn't going to abide any law...

WTF is wrong with these people who want to make sure they're completely helpless and unarmed when someone who doesn't care about what the governor thinks of guns in public buildings (or laws, or morality of any sort) comes around?

Let's not just depend on this thread to get the word out- I'm writing to another CHL friend of mine who isn't active on the board and suggest he contact the governor through this same channel- I suggest all of us do the same.

During session, governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days of transmittal (except Saturdays and Sundays), or it becomes law without signature. For legislation transmitted to the governor within the last 5 days of the session, governor must act within 30 days of adjournment (except Saturdays and Sundays), or legislation becomes law without signature.

<broken link removed>

Did it.

Am disappointed at the relatively tepid response to this thread.

To the forum members who have an Oregon CHL: do you, for example, want your name, address, and other personal info published in the Oregonian?

Didn't think so.

So please contact the governor.

Even if you aren't a CHL holder, any member of this forum who is an Oregon resident who doesn't send an e-mail to the Governor urging him to sign this legislation deserves whatever they get in the future regarding disclosure of firearms owners or CHL holders info.

You're making the assumption that everyone who contacts him will post on this thread. I already contacted him due to an OFF alert, and hadn't planned on posting anything on this thread. I just don't like doing "me too" posts with zero content, as I'm sure is the case with many others. Hopefully many people have contacted him that haven't posted about it.

Did it.

Am disappointed at the relatively tepid response to this thread.

To the forum members who have an Oregon CHL: do you, for example, want your name, address, and other personal info published in the Oregonian?

Didn't think so.

So please contact the governor.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top