JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OFF ALERT 03.16.12

HB 4045

As you know, the Oregon Legislature passed HB 4045, a bill that would provide limited protections for the privacy of CHL holder’s personal information. As of today, the Governor has NOT signed the bill into law.

Kitzhaber has never been a friend of gun owners and as such we really cannot predict what he will do with the bill. Kitzhaber earned a reputation as “Dr. No” because of his alarmingly frequent use of his veto power to undermine the will of the people and the legislature.

We are now at a crossroads. It is very important that we, (one more time) make our voices heard and contact the Governor with the short and simple message, “Sign HB 4045.”

You can do so using the Governor’s webmail page. Contact John Kitzhaber

You do not have to send a long message. Just the simple "Sign HB 4045" will do it.

We have all been working for years to protect the privacy of people with concealed handgun licenses. License holders deserve far more than the limited protections this bill provides, but they certainly deserve at least that.

Please contact the Governor today.

I did

Bug him some more he still hasen't signed it.. 10 days to go

Last Edited:
Just sent my message.

To the Honorable Governor John Kitzhaber,

As an Oregonian and law abiding CHL holder, I urge you to sign HB4045 granting limited protection to the privacy rights of CHL holders in Oregon.

Making our personal information public serves no legitimate law enforcement purpose or public benefit and potentially endangers the lives and security of law abiding CHL holders and their families.

Respectfully submitted,

Steven D. ******

I slightly modified my "canned" response:

To the Honorable Governor John Kitzhaber,

As an Oregonian and law abiding CHL holder, I urge you to sign HB4045 granting limited protection to the privacy rights of CHL holders in Oregon.

Making our personal information readily available to the general public serves no legitimate law enforcement purpose or public benefit and potentially endangers the lives and security of law abiding CHL holders and their families.

Driver License information is not readily available to the general public, and it makes sense that CHL info should be protected as well.

Respectfully submitted,

Yo' mama (just kidding on the signature!)

Did it.

Am disappointed at the relatively tepid response to this thread.

To the forum members who have an Oregon CHL: do you, for example, want your name, address, and other personal info published in the Oregonian?

Didn't think so.

So please contact the governor.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews