JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have set up a number of rigs with the idea of using them for taking classes and or complete breakdown PAW/WROL. I started with my 5-11 tactical vest, with tactical tailor shingles and a blackhawk serpa holster for the 1911. This is my AR-15 setup, and is a pretty decent piece of kit, however I am not sold on using a vest as it seems to be relatively constricting to movement. 6 mags should be MORE then enough to handle any situation I could see myself using a firearm in any justifiable shoot.

For my Ak I am running a US Palm Attack Rack version 1. It features 4 external mag pouches and 3 internal. I use the far right one for my Pistol, and I have 3 pistol mags pouches and 1 pouch i use for a surefire light. I like compactness and no frills chest rig style.

If you wear something like that around, even when the shtf, aren't you attracting a lot of attention? Even if you are subtle (sarcasm), and put a trench coat on? If you came walking down my road wearing that get up and carrying your rifle at a time of civil unrest, I would really debate some of the bigger questions... right around 1000yds.

If you wear something like that around, even when the shtf, aren't you attracting a lot of attention? Even if you are subtle (sarcasm), and put a trench coat on? If you came walking down my road wearing that get up and carrying your rifle at a time of civil unrest, I would really debate some of the bigger questions... right around 1000yds.
Going by what happened with Katrina:
#1 nobody that has a decent home and survived is going to leave it to looters, they will not leave thier home unless it is total FUBAR, if they are wearing a vest, that is a sign that they are prepared to defend thier family and have a PLAN.
I would want the dudes that actually planned ahead on my side rather then the baddies and the vultures. IF It's my call, I have the skills to sort them out.
#2 Why do cops dress as they do, Especially SWAT?
Psy-op, If you look like your ready for war the bad guys look else where for PPL that look more like victims.
Do you intend to look like a victim?
Two men, armed for war, are better than sixty men with garden rakes.
"Get to planning or get to dieing." You don't have to be a super hero all you need is to make a decision, are you a victim that will see thier family die like sheep or are you not a victim and will fight like a man?

Dude, I love your rigs, but YOU GOTTA install base board trim, ruins the whole pic!:)

That's actually a couch!! I was trying to get some decent lighting and had to wedge myself between the glass door and the couch. :D

I dont plan on bugging out, I'd much rather bug in until forced out. I would have to play the situation by ear. This bag

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - The Terrorist Interdiction Bag (TIB)

and a tennis racket case would be a better option if mad max style PAW had not broken out and I needed to move.

Odd, I was at Katrina, and the only people I saw dressed like that were National Guard recently returned from Iraq (Thank you for your Service), and Blackwater security contractors. If you're not a soldier, or a cop, don't dress like one. At least that's the way I see it...

I too plan to stay home as long as possible, and someone dressed like Darth Vader will not be welcomed in our neck of the woods. If I was forced to leave, you can bet I would be as nondescript as possible.

Just different approaches, I guess. Hopefully, we'll never have to test our theories.

BTW none of the above are classic bug-out vests, not that there is any such thing.
PLZ feel free to use that Darth Vader line as often as you want. I'm positive it will intimidate rooms full of baddies.
Somehow I get the idea you have never had to form a perimiter and never dropped turds down a 60mm

If you're not a soldier, or a cop, don't dress like one. At least that's the way I see it...

I already told you:

I think that moderation in all things is wise.

I would much rather have something and not need it, then need it and not have it. This goes for all preps, food/water/precious metals. We really have no idea what could happen. It's what we do in the meantime that may determine our ability to survive in an uncertain future.

I think that moderation in all things is wise.

I would much rather have something and not need it, then need it and not have it. This goes for all preps, food/water/precious metals. We really have no idea what could happen. It's what we do in the meantime that may determine our ability to survive in an uncertain future.

Our future is certain: we will all die, die as slaves, or as free men.
When, how and where is the only variable.

In all seriousness, I've said on here before that I never planned on living forever. This great country was founded by men who thought some things were worth dying for.

I think people may have a misguided view of what is going to happen WHEN SHTF. There will be NO "BAD GUYS" that you will be defending your property from. Well no bad guys in the traditional sense. I fear no burglar or MOB of city folk. What I fear most is my government. The government are the ones who come and forcable remove you from your home. The government are the ones who impose thier will upon you.

Mark my words, the people of America will only be fighting the men representing the United States Government.

Its absolutly CHILLING WATCHING these videos....But what you see in these two videos is what you will see when SHTF. Its scarry to think that we all will have to make a decision when the time comes...and unfortunatly its my humble opinion that most people will NOT fight and this nation will ultimately be ruled by the select few.

Martial Law after Hurricane Katrina - YouTube

Gun Confiscations In New Orleans - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR