JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im sorry I got carried away watching all these crazy *** videos. But I wanted to ask you all: If you were told to Give up your weapons and leave the home (where you have all of your supplies) and leave to a "Residential Center" (you tube that one too). Would you guys do it???

Why and Why not....

Thanks for your info!!

I think people may have a misguided view of what is going to happen WHEN SHTF. There will be NO "BAD GUYS" that you will be defending your property from.

I most strongly disagree. Riots will clear out the stores in no time and there will be no replacements because truckers won't come in. Most people haven't prepped and there is no telling what they would do to feed their kids and families. It won't be pretty.

I hope you have never told anyone that you are prepping or you will be stormed. Someone who is very friendly now will kill you for your preps if they can. Gangs will form (as if we didn't already have them) and they will find strength in numbers and they will loot, kill, and burn.

You will be lucky to be able to hunker down, make your place look like it's already been raided by putting piles of trash outside the doors, and survive the human will to live (eat) that others have.

Im sorry I got carried away watching all these crazy *** videos. But I wanted to ask you all: If you were told to Give up your weapons and leave the home (where you have all of your supplies) and leave to a "Residential Center" (you tube that one too). Would you guys do it???

Why and Why not....

Thanks for your info!!

Absolutely not. Look at what happened to the people who went to the Superdome during Katrina. Compare that to those who stayed home.

I most strongly disagree. Riots will clear out the stores in no time and there will be no replacements because truckers won't come in. Most people haven't prepped and there is no telling what they would do to feed their kids and families. It won't be pretty.

I hope you have never told anyone that you are prepping or you will be stormed. Someone who is very friendly now will kill you for your preps if they can. Gangs will form (as if we didn't already have them) and they will find strength in numbers and they will loot, kill, and burn.

You will be lucky to be able to hunker down, make your place look like it's already been raided by putting piles of trash outside the doors, and survive the human will to live (eat) that others have.

I hear ya!!! And I completly agree with you but I pretty much dont "Feel threatend" by these people. For the most part they are unarmed and untrained. I do believe they will form gangs, But as I said I have no respect for the Mobs and gangs of WROL. Long story short I believe I could put a bullet in each of their heads. But i AM AFRAID of the leathality of the trained and heavily armed soldier/local law enforcement/private security. Now I truly believe that local law enforcement wont/or will have a hard time disarming/firing apon the local citizen. I believe in the Integrety and Honor of local law enforcement. I mean they live here these are their families too. But "black water" type people and the national gaurd who dont have roots in the area and dont know Jim from the quickie mart, or even the young and impressionable soldier. 18 years old and "just taking orders" are very dangerous people.

Why and Why not....

Thanks for your info!!

Absolutely not. First off, we have to determine what SHTF means. A localized incident like Katrina may be a quasi SHTF scenario, but most SHTF scenarios relate to the complete break down of society.

I have no intention of banging it out with our military. All the small arms I have will be no match for a well trained and disciplined squad of marines with air support. Anybody who preps with the intention of taking on our government is an idiot. If and when the SHTF the government [as we know it] will no longer be functioning, whether this is due to financial destabilization, acts of terrorism, or another unforeseen catastrophe.

Nobody can predict what the PAW will be like, but if you are looking for ideas, i strongly recommend reading:
Patriots: A novel of survival in the coming collapse
One second after
Lights out

Do not underestimate the ability of large groups of desperate individuals

Absolutely not. Look at what happened to the people who went to the Superdome during Katrina. Compare that to those who stayed home.

So if you refuse to leave, there would only be two options. Refuse to leave and fire upon anyone who enters your castle, or two refuse to leave give up your arms be arrested and thrown in jail while other people loot your house...I just think its a very hard decision to make. What if you have a family in the home too which will most likely be affected by a firefight.

Absolutely not. First off, we have to determine what SHTF means. A localized incident like Katrina may be a quasi SHTF scenario, but most SHTF scenarios relate to the complete break down of society.

I have no intention of banging it out with our military. All the small arms I have will be no match for a well trained and disciplined squad of marines with air support. Anybody who preps with the intention of taking on our government is an idiot. If and when the SHTF the government [as we know it] will no longer be functioning, whether this is due to financial destabilization, acts of terrorism, or another unforeseen catastrophe.

Got ya, Very good point and Good info. I guess I was just watching those news broadcast from katrina and was wondering wtf would I do in that situation. It makes me unhappy to watch those people treated like that. Whats even worse is that I know it will happen again and to a lot of good people.

Got ya, Very good point and Good info. I guess I was just watching those news broadcast from katrina and was wondering wtf would I do in that situation. It makes me unhappy to watch those people treated like that. Whats even worse is that I know it will happen again and to a lot of good people.

I hear ya man, that footage was pretty terrible. It might be a good move to start making contacts with friends or family out of your immediate vicinity who are like minded and may offer a secondary location to move to if things get too hairy at your current location. Id rather do that then move to a government sponsored holding pen.

I have no intention of banging it out with our military. All the small arms I have will be no match for a well trained and disciplined squad of marines with air support.

The Taliban are giving our military fits. There are a lot more of us than there are of them. Also, I believe they will have to first focus on big inner cities where the big populations and biggest problems are.

"They will get my guns when they pry them..."

Do not underestimate the ability of large groups of desperate individuals

Right on. This would be my first concern.

Well then theres only one choice....I gotta move to MEDFORD, OR!!! :) yeah I live 15 min from Seattle in an area where a bunch of rich snobs call home. Been reaching out to like minded people in my area but cant find anyone closer than 40 min away. Guess I gotta get out of town....

Well then theres only one choice....I gotta move to MEDFORD, OR!!! :) yeah I live 15 min from Seattle in an area where a bunch of rich snobs call home. Been reaching out to like minded people in my area but cant find anyone closer than 40 min away. Guess I gotta get out of town....

I'm firmly set in the hills overlooking Medford, and here I take my stand.

"Absolutely not. First off, we have to determine what SHTF means. A localized incident like Katrina may be a quasi SHTF scenario, but most SHTF scenarios relate to the complete break down of society.

Your basic premise is correct but Katrina was not a "Localized Incident" unless you classify a major portion of the USA as"Localized"

Katrina is kind of a bad example to use.First how smart do you have to be to live in HURRICANE ALLEY (whatever they cal it) and then live BELOW SEA LEVEL??????
Even if it is only a foot,or at sea level.
What do you think will happen?
So as for me,except for the martial law and the gun confiscation,those folks should have been smart enough to leave when they were told how bad the hurricane was going to be
Or drown when the wave wash over the land.I don't get it. The state shouldn't make the people leave.Let them swim,let them take the consequences of their actions.

Then when the people that left want to come back,you would have to tell them no.Too many diseases.

And I don't believe we should have to flip the bill for rebuilding it.Again it was below sea level

OK then maybe this will get us back on track!

fieldexpedientcamo 008.JPG

HEY!! I'll have you klnow I take GREAT PRIDE in being the biggest, bestest A-HOLE I can be... three years as a Drill Sgt. does that to a guy! ;)

I managed to do some incredible damage wearing my issue "Y" harness LBE and that's what I have going ATM for my AR stuff... I've been also thinking of buying a K-pot as well. I also have some half decent "shoulder bag" rigs that I got from Cheaper than Dirt that can carry six AK mags, or 12 AR mags and can be less conspicuous then a vest rig... I'm leaning more towards the "Gray Man" approach.

They work pretty nicely, and are built with decent quality...

ZAA-024.jpg

I think the gray approach is a good idea. A shoulder bag or backpack could have anything in it. A bulky coat over some sort of chest thingy (bullet proof vest or the chest rigs y'all are showing) screams militant or LEO.Someone with guns.
Then you become more of a target.And remember,the bad guys have long range rifles too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top