JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, so I HAVE to do this and just vent. There's been a gun i've had my eye on at buds for the past 2 days. I've been monitoring the price and checking to make sure the FFL fees were as advertised. Well, just about 10 minutes ago I was on buds and put in a price match request to which they accepted. I selected my FFL and was at the last step putting my payment info and bam, I notice the price is $100 more than I agreed. I go back to their website and see the old price on the front page but when I click on it I see the newer inflated price. Really!? I sent them an e-mail just now and I highly doubt they will do anything. After searching on google it seems like this isn't the first time this has happened. Wow, this is just terrible business. We'll accept your offer but at the last minute we'll sneak one by you and try to get more money. Thank God the accountant and cheapskate in me paid attention to those numbers. After taking another look, the price is about $120 more than what was "accepted". Okay, i'm done ranting. Hopefully i'll get a call and someone will apologize to me while offering to take my order over the phone. We shall see......:mad:

Funny thing is, cheaper than dirt just did this to me. Had some items in my cart at $15 a piece, went to check out and they raised them by $6 a piece! I waited around and even talked to customer service and their answer was "Our prices are subject to change at any time." Fair enough but go figure.

So CTD can join GunMagWarehouse on the Blacklist... good to know.

(And I still haven't gotten a response, not even a form-letter and closing the ticket, re my Customer Service ticket on their Still Bent Over And Grabbing Ankles FAILWARE of an unsecured SSL...)

Funny thing is, cheaper than dirt just did this to me. Had some items in my cart at $15 a piece, went to check out and they raised them by $6 a piece! I waited around and even talked to customer service and their answer was "Our prices are subject to change at any time." Fair enough but go figure.
I'm sure refusal to honor an advertised price falls under Bait & Switch or something... good thing I DIDN'T buy that Keymod rail that's the last thing I need to finish my AR from them.

I'm sure refusal to honor an advertised price falls under Bait & Switch or something... good thing I DIDN'T buy that Keymod rail that's the last thing I need to finish my AR from them.

I am VERY big on free choice. If some business wants to pull crap I am all for them being able to. When they do it to me or someone else I know they have seen the last of my money. With the net as it is now there is a LOT of competition for almost everything. Some place shafts you or tries to? Simple, don't ever buy from them again.
Also for online shopping which I think is the best thing since sliced bread, only pay with a credit card. In the US consumers have a tremendous amount of protection this way. If someone tries to shaft you they will lose. I am a HUGE fan of online shopping. FedEx and UPS drivers know my dogs by name. Only a few times I have had to do what I call the "nuclear option" when someone tried to shaft me. A simple phone call and that's it. I even did it to Amazon one time. They have always been fantastic about problems or returns. One time something showed lost on tracking. Just went to a certain point and vanished. I went on line and did the refund and a day later they sent me some e-mail saying it's not their fault blah blah blah. I did the nuk option. Day later I get another e-mail. Did we do something wrong and what can we do to fix this blah blah. I told them package showed lost and you told me to pound sand. Within hours I get a sweet we're sorry and have refunded your money. Bank already had but it made them feel better to pretend they did it.

AMazon does this sometimes but it is usually a few days.

The thing to do that might work is clear your browser cache/cookies and look at the page again.

Amazon will charge different prices for different regions, and if something is popular they may change the price. Also, their sale prices sometimes are for a limited time.

If they do that to me, I remove the item from my cart and keep an eye on it for later sales.

We had an Amazon prime membership last year, and every time my wife made an order I would check the price on Ebay. Ebay was cheaper (with free shipping) than Amazon almost every time. We canceled the prime and now Amazon is cheaper than Ebay by a few dollars. I can't prove anything, but it is one of those things that makes you go hmmm...

Sorry for the derail, back to the topic: I highly doubt it was an "accident". Yankee Marshall (among others) has a video talking about their scheming.

It is what it is. I remember during the price gouges, I took a picture of cheaper than dirts' email advertising mosins for somewhere around $2000 and $100 pmags. Never thought I'd do business with them but tried to give it a shot but nope.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top