JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may want to check out ATI also. They have some 1911's priced under $400. Can't say anything about quality as I've never shot one. I do have 2 Rock Islands, a Para Ordnance and a Ruger SR1911. Surprised at how accurate my Rock Islands are but the Para is my favorite by far. You can get a para ordnance expert commander at cdnnsports.com for $479 or the fullsize for $499.
Best prices on ATI's is at Grab A Gun, and they only charge 5.99 shipping. Picked up an ATI GI FX45, we'd know that as a combat commander clone... Much tighter than Rock Islands I've handled. More accurate than I am... Best part was the price, 355.99 shipped from www.grabagun.com

I've got about 500 rounds through it, not a single failure to feed, extract or fire. I did a complete strip down, clean, lube and feed ramp polish before ever firing it... Another 500 rounds and it'll become my winter EDC.

Worth taking a look at too...
image.jpeg

I am a huge fan of 1911s, but since you are already into .45acp and Glocks, have you thought about a G21SF? I want to shoot one to see if it feels better than my wife's G19 gen3. If you are settled on a budget 1911, I wholeheartedly second the Tisas M1911. I got one from Bud's Gun Shop for $199.00 on Black Friday 2 years ago and it remains my favorite "budget" gun ever.
Well, I like Glocks. Really do. But in .45 ACP the double stack magazine makes the grip a bit too wide. So if I ever get a Glock again (and I intend to) it'll have to be in 9mm.

So far the cheapest available locally is a para ordnance, so after reading this thread and a few other forums I'm going to sell the Glock and get that once my purchase permit comes in. There is a RIA but its looks overpriced ($600 for a standard? That store overprices everything else so I'm guessing).

I'm a WWII-spec snob down to the little GI sights--before they yanked it from the catalog Springfield PW9108L was top of my list (approximately a late-production Ithaca, just needing safety and grips swapped) but now that it's gone I may need to start looking at RIA's and ATI's in my quest for an affordable "Good Enough for Grandpa" that I can retire Old Slabsides in favor of. Up here around Seattle area... well, Rocks usually go for around $350-500 IIRC.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the one I've carried through most of my adult life, just that that particular 1911 has a lot of memories attached to it and I'd rather have action seen by something more "expendable" just in case it doesn't find its way home with me afterward.

Got a RIA 5" 1911 GI in .45 ACP from Buds, cost was $329, then. Shot it as-as and was reliable as could be. Went on to make several changes, mainly FCG parts, controls, different rear sight, grips, etc. Liked it so much that I bought a bare frame from Armscor ($114.00) and used a Colt slide to make a Wiley Clapp-ish 1911:

Wc2A.jpg

Ruger SR45 has a slim single stack ergonomic profile (1.27" grip). I have the SR9c and inside it is built just like a Glock with little exception (same striker fire parts). Has a manual safety option for those that like that. Was on sale at CDNN for $399 so you should be able to find one at a good price locally.

slimProfile.jpg

Last Edited:
After renting a 1911, I'm pretty much set on one. Though I'll hold out until I sell the Glock. That'll either buy me time for a RIA to show up or to afford that Colt I've been looking at getting later down the road.

I use and recommend the Wilson Combat p/n 47C-HV magazine.

ETA- Currently have 7 (don't like to stop to reload a magazine every 7-8 rounds at the range) and all are reliable as they can be. Only problem I have ever had was a short spring was found in a magazine (1 of 3 I bought 'new' from a private individual). Didn't cause any problems but the follower was noticeably easier to depress than the others and ones I had bought new, previously. Contacted Wilson Combat for a replacement spring and they sent me a new spring and follower, gratis- even knowing I bought them from an individual.

Last Edited:
IIRC Kimber 1911 mags are made by Checkmate or Metalform. Same for Chip McCormik mags (which can be had for under $20...).

I didnt like the 1 Wilson Combat mag I tried, I actually returned it... was a jam-o-matic with its plastic follower. I hear nothing but good things about them but mine sucked right out of the package...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top