JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may want to check out ATI also. They have some 1911's priced under $400. Can't say anything about quality as I've never shot one. I do have 2 Rock Islands, a Para Ordnance and a Ruger SR1911. Surprised at how accurate my Rock Islands are but the Para is my favorite by far. You can get a para ordnance expert commander at cdnnsports.com for $479 or the fullsize for $499.
Best prices on ATI's is at Grab A Gun, and they only charge 5.99 shipping. Picked up an ATI GI FX45, we'd know that as a combat commander clone... Much tighter than Rock Islands I've handled. More accurate than I am... Best part was the price, 355.99 shipped from www.grabagun.com

I've got about 500 rounds through it, not a single failure to feed, extract or fire. I did a complete strip down, clean, lube and feed ramp polish before ever firing it... Another 500 rounds and it'll become my winter EDC.

Worth taking a look at too...
image.jpeg

I am a huge fan of 1911s, but since you are already into .45acp and Glocks, have you thought about a G21SF? I want to shoot one to see if it feels better than my wife's G19 gen3. If you are settled on a budget 1911, I wholeheartedly second the Tisas M1911. I got one from Bud's Gun Shop for $199.00 on Black Friday 2 years ago and it remains my favorite "budget" gun ever.
Well, I like Glocks. Really do. But in .45 ACP the double stack magazine makes the grip a bit too wide. So if I ever get a Glock again (and I intend to) it'll have to be in 9mm.

So far the cheapest available locally is a para ordnance, so after reading this thread and a few other forums I'm going to sell the Glock and get that once my purchase permit comes in. There is a RIA but its looks overpriced ($600 for a standard? That store overprices everything else so I'm guessing).

I'm a WWII-spec snob down to the little GI sights--before they yanked it from the catalog Springfield PW9108L was top of my list (approximately a late-production Ithaca, just needing safety and grips swapped) but now that it's gone I may need to start looking at RIA's and ATI's in my quest for an affordable "Good Enough for Grandpa" that I can retire Old Slabsides in favor of. Up here around Seattle area... well, Rocks usually go for around $350-500 IIRC.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the one I've carried through most of my adult life, just that that particular 1911 has a lot of memories attached to it and I'd rather have action seen by something more "expendable" just in case it doesn't find its way home with me afterward.

Got a RIA 5" 1911 GI in .45 ACP from Buds, cost was $329, then. Shot it as-as and was reliable as could be. Went on to make several changes, mainly FCG parts, controls, different rear sight, grips, etc. Liked it so much that I bought a bare frame from Armscor ($114.00) and used a Colt slide to make a Wiley Clapp-ish 1911:

Wc2A.jpg

Ruger SR45 has a slim single stack ergonomic profile (1.27" grip). I have the SR9c and inside it is built just like a Glock with little exception (same striker fire parts). Has a manual safety option for those that like that. Was on sale at CDNN for $399 so you should be able to find one at a good price locally.

slimProfile.jpg

Last Edited:
After renting a 1911, I'm pretty much set on one. Though I'll hold out until I sell the Glock. That'll either buy me time for a RIA to show up or to afford that Colt I've been looking at getting later down the road.

I use and recommend the Wilson Combat p/n 47C-HV magazine.

ETA- Currently have 7 (don't like to stop to reload a magazine every 7-8 rounds at the range) and all are reliable as they can be. Only problem I have ever had was a short spring was found in a magazine (1 of 3 I bought 'new' from a private individual). Didn't cause any problems but the follower was noticeably easier to depress than the others and ones I had bought new, previously. Contacted Wilson Combat for a replacement spring and they sent me a new spring and follower, gratis- even knowing I bought them from an individual.

Last Edited:
IIRC Kimber 1911 mags are made by Checkmate or Metalform. Same for Chip McCormik mags (which can be had for under $20...).

I didnt like the 1 Wilson Combat mag I tried, I actually returned it... was a jam-o-matic with its plastic follower. I hear nothing but good things about them but mine sucked right out of the package...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top