JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Homeowner shoots, kills intruder in strange home invasion | www.kirotv.com

NEAR BUCKLEY, Wash. —

Police said a homeowner shot and killed a man who crashed through a gate and broke into his house near Buckley.

The shooting happened in rural Pierce County at the corner of 258th Avenue East and 164th Street East about 11 p.m. Monday.

Police said the intruder drove up the driveway at a high rate of speed, broke through a steel gate, mangling it, and then crashed into a car.

The driver then went to the house, pounded on the door, broke some glass and forced his way in.

There was a scuffle, and the 67-year-old homeowner was punched multiple times. At some point, he was able to reach for his gun and shot the man three or four times, killing him, deputies said.

Deputies said the intruder never said anything to the homeowner as he was breaking in and fighting with him, and that the intruder, a 21-year-old man, had a strong odor of marijuana.

Police say the homeowner's wife locked herself in a bedroom and called 911 during the fight.

Deputies got search warrants for both the house and the dead man's car.

Investigators said the intruder had no known connection to the people in the house. It is not clear why the man burst into the home.

The homeowner was injured in the struggle and taken to the hospital.

The Pierce County Medical Examiner will determine if the suspect had any drugs in his system.

Another win for the good guys and a loss for the anti-Second Amendment crowd.....they would have been much happier had the gentleman been murdered and hacked to pieces.

Oh, That poor intruder. Brought up in a society that was unfair to him, and him being a prince of a fellow that loved his mother and would never ever do such a thing.
And now that cruel homeowner has ended his life in a most wanton and uncaring manner, and his family will never be the same. They will mourn his passing forever . . .
I've got to stop now I'm crying so hard I can no longer see the keyboard. But you get the idea of the news story.

Sheldon

But why did he have to shoot him 3 or 4 times? This guy that shot him needs to get back to the range,should have only been one to the melon,as he approached him. I'm sure this guy was a good guy,had some problems,but was turning his life around.

FYI, there is a practice by Mexican Cartel growers in the Grants Pass area, to use (who would guess ????) ilegal herbicide & pesticides, to help their product grow...

The end product is called Paraquot Pot, and is in fact KILLER weed, in a literal sense. ER Rooms see many patients, who are out of their mind... By the use of it.

I personally watched the destruction of one life, very close to me, his using it for "Medical Marajuana" ended a 19 year relationship, his current location is Snake River Correctional Institution, for multiple violations of Parole & current court conditional release issues .....

And yet the Pro Pot folks say it does no harm.

bull bubblegum.

philip

FYI, there is a practice by Mexican Cartel growers in the Grants Pass area, to use (who would guess ????) ilegal herbicide & pesticides, to help their product grow...

The end product is called Paraquot Pot, and is in fact KILLER weed, in a literal sense. ER Rooms see many patients, who are out of their mind... By the use of it.

I personally watched the destruction of one life, very close to me, his using it for "Medical Marajuana" ended a 19 year relationship, his current location is Snake River Correctional Institution, for multiple violations of Parole & current court conditional release issues .....

And yet the Pro Pot folks say it does no harm.

bull bubblegum.

philip

Its happening in other MJ approved states. It is still against federal law, so they are blacklisting any that get the grow permits or MJ cards against passing the background check for buying firearms.
A rude awakening is in store for people wanting to buy a firearm from a dealer.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2011/sep/28/atf_says_no_guns_medical_marijua

Pot users have been suckered again.
Just stay the hell away from it.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class