JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it is. I saw it with my own eyes ;-)

I am not sure what you searched for but I searched "Salt ruin septic tank" and most of what came up on the first page said that there is evidence that at the very least its a bad idea.

I kid you not, in this system the interior of the drain field (which was the half round infiltrator panels) looked like a sparkly cave. The salt had crystallized on the walls in a sheet sealing the whole thing. It could have been her system was using way more salt that it should or maybe was even malfunctioning, however there was zero doubt it ruined the system, We abandon the drain field and put in a new one.

Last Edited:
sorry yall i have been away for some time .. any plumbing questions call 360-524-2771 and tell who ever answers that you are from northwestfiresarms and have some plumbing questions .. if its me ill answer them if its my wonderfull secretary she will get your info and ill call you back when im not slaving away :)

or go to www.roweplumbinganddrain.com

Last Edited:
septic tanks should out last your lifetime without pumping .. however with todays fads and wants for cleanliness it has become more evident that going that long with out some trouble is no longer the case.. use what ever tp you want .. do not use bleach in your laundry or poor it down any drain .. do not use any antibacterial soaps of any kind .. the only thing that goes down a toilet is human waste and tp .. the only thing that goes down a kitchen sink is water ... do not dump greese or oils down it ... dawn soap is a nice soap ... keep your septic boosted with rid-x or some sort of septic booster once a year or so .. check the sludge buildup once a year .just to make sure if you do have an issue you catch it before your drain field gets hit with the poo...

side note yes I can make bubblegum roll uphill ... :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews