JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so my wife and I have been at each other's throats over the type of toilet paper that you need to use with a septic tank.

I was told by a 30 year vet crap tank pumper that you have to use the cheapest, most nasty, gas station TP made, or it will clog your system to fast. And our system had a certain type of tank that had a half wall by the inlet, that will catch the good stuff to fast.

Are there any crap pumpers on this site?

Tell your wife to buy the softest cushioned aloe infused buttwipe that her little heart desires.
Budget to have the tank pumped as needed.

Seriously---that is the ONLY solution with a desirable long term outcome.

I buy nice soft toilet paper, tough luck for the septic tank. The house is 10 years old and the tank hasnt needed pumped yet so I'm thinking it's not that big of an issue. Comfort wins this one.

@tim007
Tim - any input on this? I figure as a plumber you see enough of this to provide some insight...

Our septic system is about 15 years old now and hasn't needed pumping yet with no consideration for paper selection and who knows how many inappropriate things flushed between visitors and the wife not realizing we were on septic for a year or two.

I've been warned that one of the worst things on the drain lines is crappy laundry soap. The fat in the soap cloges the drain ends.
That gets more expensive than pumping a poop tank

I was driving behind this guy today, do you know him?

:D

image_zpsaef52e6c.jpg

My septic installer said Kirkland Signature is a good one for septic systems, but I may have a better first-tank solution. The scary thing on mine is the Orenco filter... Think a huge pleated filter like in you truck only it's for septic ....

so my wife and I have been at each other's throats over the type of toilet paper that you need to use with a septic tank.

I was told by a 30 year vet crap tank pumper that you have to use the cheapest, most nasty, gas station TP made, or it will clog your system to fast. And our system had a certain type of tank that had a half wall by the inlet, that will catch the good stuff to fast.

Are there any crap pumpers on this site?

I sure there are guys here that know their crap or are full of it:D.

Might buy the same paper they use in travel trailers and motor homes that is biodegradeable.o_O Plus use chemical that help the process along.

Last Edited:
I have had my septic tank pumped twice in 27 years, and not in the last 15, but we have 7 less people on it in that time frame as well. Used to have some leach field problems on the liquid side, but a quick trencher run and some new pipe and back fill rock took care of that. All permitted of course. :eek:

My wife uses what ever the hell she wants to buy. What I think is of no concern, and I could care less, and engaging in a " discussion" with my wife over the merits of toilet paper is not worth the time. When the tank needs pumping again, I will call up the septic service and have it done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top