JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. The Bus driver should not have driven across that bridge. That bus had to weight at least 30,000 pounds and likely weighted closer to 40,000. Or more? The bus driver must have known how much weight he had on. Even empty it weighed too much.

I leave this with the notion that nobody could be that stupid. But ... again I have been proven wrong. :(

Last Edited:
Nope. I wanna be able to float. But if that's me, you wouldn't have been able to pull a greased string out my azz.
I'm thinking more like around me but unbuckled...
I don't know about a puckered bunghole, but I do know my dentist would have a field day after that little trip over the river.

Wow. The Bus driver should not have driven across that bridge. That bus had to weight at least 30,000 pounds and likely weighted closer to 40,000. Or more? The bus driver must have known how much weight he had on. Even empty it weighed too much.

I leave this with the notion that nobody could be that stupid. But ... again I have been proven wrong. :(
I wonder if the bus driver said, "here, hold my beer and watch this..."

I would have to wonder if that bridge is not damaged after that. Impressive that it did not fail but doubt it was not damaged. There is a Bridge here across the Puyallup river that regularly ends up in a huge mess. It's clearly marked that trucks with trailers over 27' can't use it. The turn onto it is rough even for something half that length. When I was working out there it was common to see a big rig stuck there. 4 lane HYW the trucks would try to turn off, then find out there was no way to make the turn. Traffic would soon back up miles. Every time I got stuck in it all I could hope is the driver got a VERY fat ticket.

Anyone familiar with The High Bridge north of Carson, WA over the Wind River?? It was built in 1957 to replace a suspension bridge that was just upstream. That suspension bridge carried ALL of the traffic from the communities north of there and ALL of the logging truck traffic out of the southern part of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest for a lot of years. Standard deal when a loaded truck was on the bridge between the supports that the deck would pull away from the end footings far enough you could fall through the gap. It was not replaced due to weakness or failure, but primarily for the convenience of a two-lane bridge.
I wouldn't be surprised if the bridge in the OP is just fine.
A little scary to watch, but the bridge is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

....these vids could drive me into telling of my own 32-ton motor crane expedition maneuvering it across a plank bridge over a small:eek: irrigation canalo_O....(don't encourage him son, he looks deranged enough to do it).....

If the bridge was two lane and had a 20,000 Vehicle weight restriction then a 40,000 bus by itself would not over tax it.

We have a number of bridges around here with weight restrictions but that does not mean two vehicles at the max weight can not be on it at a time.

thats said that SOB driver should get the MAX ticket possible for that stupidity.

I would have to wonder if that bridge is not damaged after that. Impressive that it did not fail but doubt it was not damaged. There is a Bridge here across the Puyallup river that regularly ends up in a huge mess. It's clearly marked that trucks with trailers over 27' can't use it. The turn onto it is rough even for something half that length. When I was working out there it was common to see a big rig stuck there. 4 lane HYW the trucks would try to turn off, then find out there was no way to make the turn. Traffic would soon back up miles. Every time I got stuck in it all I could hope is the driver got a VERY fat ticket.
that bridge is gone they are replacing it or it has been replaced i almost got stuck on it years ago

A greyhound bus weight is around 40.000 lbs then add the the passengers and there luggage.
so those people in that bus are really lucky they made it across

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top