JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
15+ minute video with no actual footage, just a discussion. The gist of the story is a Kirkland man is awakened by his child at 3am by noises in the driveway. The owner sneaked (snuck?) out the back door and surprised them while holding a firearm at low ready. Three thieves scatter and get in their car. Rather than call it good, the owner goes ahead and puts a couple rounds into the car for good measure. WA Gun Law attorney discusses what part he did right and what part he did wrong.

Bullets "for good measure" would have been better if it had not been caught on video and that he had not left evidence or made statements that such events occurred. He'll get convicted of illegally discharging a firearm in city limits, possibly reckless endangerment and even assault with a deadly weapon on the thieves.

Bullets "for good measure" would have been better if it had not been caught on video and that he had not left evidence or made statements that such events occurred. He'll get convicted of illegally discharging a firearm in city limits, possibly reckless endangerment and even assault with a deadly weapon on the thieves.
Agree, however, to his credit nothing appears to have been caught on camera, the attorney in the video is not providing any identifying information (name was changed to protect the innocent) and the only neighbors that appeared to know what happened are the shooter's good (pro-2A) friends and thought what he did was a good thing. This was more a story of what not to do and which state laws were violated.

The owner sneaked (snuck?) out the back door and surprised them while holding a firearm at low ready.
Sneaked is correct English. However, in the continuing bastardization of the English language that has been going on in the last half century as our educational standards decline, snuck has become commonly accepted usage. This has nothing to do with firearms, but strikes a chord with me because while in high school in the mid-60s I had an English teacher who would slap any student "upside the head" if he or she (they/them?) used the word "snuck" in class. Those were the days. Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane. :)

Sneaked is correct English. However, in the continuing bastardization of the English language that has been going on in the last half century as our educational standards decline, snuck has become commonly accepted usage. This has nothing to do with firearms, but strikes a chord with me because while in high school in the mid-60s I had an English teacher who would slap any student "upside the head" if he or she (they/them?) used the word "snuck" in class. Those were the days. Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane. :)

Get this: Squeezed

I think squeezed sounds weird, my family has said "Squoze" as past tense of squeeze for my entire life.

Last Edited:
You fire at a fleeing vehicle and you are taking your life in your hands. Anyone who chooses to do this is responsible for every round that comes out of the gun. If one of those rounds hits someone else? You have now ruined your life. So is it worth it? I do not think so but, people have to make their own choices.

Glory glory hallelujah! Teacher smacked me with a ruler! I hid behind the door with a loaded .44 now she ain't gonna teach no more!

Glory glory hallelujah! Teacher smacked me with a ruler! I hid behind the door with a loaded .44 now she ain't gonna teach no more!
Geeze, when I was a kid we sang joy to the world when the teacher was dead, we bbq'd her head and flushed her body down the potty… round and around it goes.

What if...
The car he shot at - was actually driving at him after collecting their buddies...

Now he's just stopping the threat.

:cool:
The world may never know.

15+ minute video with no actual footage, just a discussion. The gist of the story is a Kirkland man is awakened by his child at 3am by noises in the driveway. The owner sneaked (snuck?) out the back door and surprised them while holding a firearm at low ready. Three thieves scatter and get in their car. Rather than call it good, the owner goes ahead and puts a couple rounds into the car for good measure. WA Gun Law attorney discusses what part he did right and what part he did wrong.

This is clearly a violation of non-RCW.66.54.3.5.6.6.2.4467556.544 which states "...citizen has a duty to reduce the offending criminal's vehicle to a smoldering pile of Swiss cheese, ...using inadequate munitions shall result in a penalty of..."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top