JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I dont have much in the shop so I decided to try some more pistol smithing. I am usually building rifles but I can leave anything alone. I tried my hand a stippling on a Para frame a couple of weeks ago. Now its time to try the tupperware grips. I also made an extended mag release and stippled it to match. A solid stainless guide rod was in order oh and lighten the slide a bit. This go around was very minimal I wanted it to look somewhat stock and not be too "cool" because I cant shoot a pistol to save my life. Here are some pics......

002-6.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Like I said I cant leave anything alone. I went back out and spent some more time sucking plastic fumes. I removed the ribs off the back strap but left them on the front for more grip. Then I did some more stippling. I like this more but I think people will expect me to hit what I am pointed at? I better practice! What do you think?

Jason

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will tell ya tomorrow. I am going to get 1000 rounds right now. I want to run at least 1000 before I try anymore metal removal. I have four other recoil/rebound springs in varius weights so it will work, one way or another. I may have to change springs but I doubt it. It is so little weight. I will see.

Jason

Can you do that to a regular XD

You can do it to any plastic gun. You can shape the grip differently, stipple in designs, what ever you feel like. As for shooting....

I ran 500 rounds through it yesterday with out any malfunctions of any sort. I will not clean it till it malfunctions IF that will happen. I didnt have to change the stock recoil spring. It worked fine with the stock one. I shot it from all different positions, with laser, without, strong hand, week hand, two hand. Shot great. I maybe crazy but it did seem to stay on target better. I was double tapping with in 2-4 inches every time. I have never shot that well. But I am learning more and more about shooting it also. I wouldnt think that much metal removal would have had such a profound effect on follow up shots but I think it did.

Jason

Sounds good to me! I will be moving soon though. We are moving into lebanon and I have been pretty busy working on the new shop. I dont have anything else going on now though. Let me know and I could set aside a day or two.

Thank you much. I do work on guns for (a so called) living. I just havent played with pistols too much. Other than trigger jobs and such they have been "the other side". My thing is precision rifles. I have been machining since I was 14 and have found myself disslodged from this economy and I am trying to make a living out of a hobby now. Thanks for all the good words guys.

Jason

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top