JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I dont have much in the shop so I decided to try some more pistol smithing. I am usually building rifles but I can leave anything alone. I tried my hand a stippling on a Para frame a couple of weeks ago. Now its time to try the tupperware grips. I also made an extended mag release and stippled it to match. A solid stainless guide rod was in order oh and lighten the slide a bit. This go around was very minimal I wanted it to look somewhat stock and not be too "cool" because I cant shoot a pistol to save my life. Here are some pics......

002-6.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Like I said I cant leave anything alone. I went back out and spent some more time sucking plastic fumes. I removed the ribs off the back strap but left them on the front for more grip. Then I did some more stippling. I like this more but I think people will expect me to hit what I am pointed at? I better practice! What do you think?

Jason

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will tell ya tomorrow. I am going to get 1000 rounds right now. I want to run at least 1000 before I try anymore metal removal. I have four other recoil/rebound springs in varius weights so it will work, one way or another. I may have to change springs but I doubt it. It is so little weight. I will see.

Jason

Can you do that to a regular XD

You can do it to any plastic gun. You can shape the grip differently, stipple in designs, what ever you feel like. As for shooting....

I ran 500 rounds through it yesterday with out any malfunctions of any sort. I will not clean it till it malfunctions IF that will happen. I didnt have to change the stock recoil spring. It worked fine with the stock one. I shot it from all different positions, with laser, without, strong hand, week hand, two hand. Shot great. I maybe crazy but it did seem to stay on target better. I was double tapping with in 2-4 inches every time. I have never shot that well. But I am learning more and more about shooting it also. I wouldnt think that much metal removal would have had such a profound effect on follow up shots but I think it did.

Jason

Sounds good to me! I will be moving soon though. We are moving into lebanon and I have been pretty busy working on the new shop. I dont have anything else going on now though. Let me know and I could set aside a day or two.

Thank you much. I do work on guns for (a so called) living. I just havent played with pistols too much. Other than trigger jobs and such they have been "the other side". My thing is precision rifles. I have been machining since I was 14 and have found myself disslodged from this economy and I am trying to make a living out of a hobby now. Thanks for all the good words guys.

Jason

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads