JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep Danner outlet all the way.

One thing to note Danner makes different boots for different shaped feet if you find the right fit they will be the most comfortable boots if you get the wrong one then you won't be happy they have whats called a "last" thats the inner shape and fit of the boots, and then they have many width sizes. That's one of my favorite things about Danner . There are a lot of companies out there with a one size fits all which if fine if you have that average foot.

My Danners are more comfortable than any other shoe or boot I have ever worn just because of that reason.

Last I checked some Danners are now made overseas for the sake of being able to offer a lower priced boot but made to their quality standards but many of them are still made here in Oregon. I prefer the US made boots because they support the local economy but the bottom line is they are great boots excellent quality waterproof and most can be recrafted when you ware the soles off .

I have a pair of Merrill Sawtooths that have lasted about six years of 3 gun, training classes, walking up several creeks, snow, rain, Central Oregon hikes, and my wife borrows them on occasion to clomp around the yard in. I will definitely buy another pair of these.
Also, I recently bought a pair of Bellville 990 boots for fun. Dang they are comfy. I was going to wear them for another GORUCK in October. I have run in them and hiked with them, they are really light and built solid.

same thing as a tactical hat, with matching tactical pants, shirt, and soft shell jacket.
The tactical tuxedo in Coyote brown, Ranger green, or Moldy-cam.
Who cares, really. If you want to wear 5.11 gear to your kids soccer game, then way to go. Keep your head on a swivel and be on code yellow at ALL times. Chuck E Cheese is NO exception!

Scratching my head here and really not wanting to ask the question, but I can't come up with an answer. What the heck are "tactical" shoes and how did we ever live without them?

Just color them matte black and call them tactical . shoe, boots, pants, socks you can call anything black tactical . One of these days i want to get a black cat and call him a tactical cat.

its a term that's way over used as some selling point to mall ninjas . I just about bust a gut when i first saw tactical pants and the looked just like any other pair of pants

I have kind of an odd boot brand, but they're just hiking boots, not tactical! :) They are New Balance brand, Gore Tex lined, Vibram soles. Pretty heavy boots but really comfortable and supportive at sole and ankle. Best of all my custom inserts are made to fit both the New Balance walking shoes, which I wear all of the time, and the hikers, which I wear 5-6 times a year. More if there's snow! My boots are 7yrs old!

Now, who has great sox? Because of neuropathy issues I wear backpacker weight, wool sox 365 days! I use REI and Smartwool and have for many years!

While not "boots" , Arrow Moccasin makes a style called The Lace Boot.
These are the most comfortable footwear I have ever worn.
I wear these every where , at work , while hunting , around town etc ...
I get the double sole on mine , makes 'em a little more "waterproof" and protects your feet a bit more.
A little bit of Pecard's leather dressing and you are good to go.
If you have "funky feet" like mine they mold to your feet quickly.
Plus they are made in the USA.
Andy

Not necessarily so. My REI membership dates back to 1973. I still have my packer metal cup and a Swedish white gas stove whose famous name escapes me right now. One off my current best boots are Wolverines that are steel toe, water proof and decent comfort sole. Great for the motorcycle all day or working in the restoration shop. They'd be 2nd choice after my Danner Combat Hikers for SHTF.

Brutus out

You and I both ... 'Svea' if memory serves.

Even though I have used various boots for backpacking my go to boots for decades are Danner's. Albeit a fair chunk of change to purchase, if you do not go bottom of the line they are rebuild-able. Have had many pairs rebuilt over the years, wore them every day at work for over 20 years. Has to be some reason there are at least four pairs of Danner's in my closet to this day.

I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to say I just picked up a pair of Danners for work recently, I ended up with these,

132609_54062-mens-striker-torrent-side-zip-8-black-leather_large.jpg

<broken link removed>

Someone earlier said Danners were too heavy, that's not true. At all. Some are too heavy.

These are perfect. Light, all leather (I like me some ankle support) zip up sides, non slip tread etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top