JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, in building an AR, one of the delicate maneuvers that you have to do is to drive the Bolt Catch Roll Pin properly.

Billet lowers circumvent this with a threaded pin.....no driving.
Forged lowers however require a driven pin....until now.
KNS, the premier "pin maker" for the AR platform has come up with a "no drive" solution for that dang BCRP.
It's a shaft and E-clip that works like the dust door hinge pin.
KNS Precision, Inc. Bolt Catch Retaining Pin for the AR15/M16. Comes with three C-clip Retainers. Bolt-Catch-Retaining-Pin
p-18702-boltcatch1_1.jpg

What do you think ?

Last Edited:
Meh, not really my thing. I've driven in many of them and I've never scratched a receiver. I tape them first with blue tape and use a small plastic hammer and a punch. Works every time. :)

Hell I have a lower where I broke the punch off inside the bolt catch. It forever lives as the pin for the bolt catch.

Works just fine.

I've left a tiny scratch on one or two, but couldn't care less. After the first month of use you'd be hard pressed to find it among and alongside all of the other scratches and wear marks they pick up from hard use.

Stronger than the pin itself I imagine.
Ya, hasn't budged in the 6 or so years it's been in there. It was one of my earliest builds, bent the roll pin half way in and broke it in half trying to pull it back out. Broke the punch off thing to drive the other half of the roll pin out the other side. Messed up the side of the receiver big time. Said F it colored the black back in with a paint marker and moved on. Originally I thought it would cause a problem, nope.

Still one of my favorite ARs.

Well I was going to ask you .
I was watching the video of you Shooting steal targets what caliber was that you had 9mm or something

Suppressed 5.56 and a vp9 9mm.

Went to a pistol class last weekend, and now that video is a little embarassing. I have a lot of dry and live fire practice to do!

Need to take a rifle class too asap.

They make a special pin punch that's offset to make things go easier.
What's interesting is the "Plier Method" where they tape up the receiver and then use Vice Grips to press the pin in.
And then the collateral damage under the tape is revealed.
The Grace RP set if you need a pro grade set...
Grace USA Roll Pin Punch Set 7-Piece Steel - MPN: RS-7

Brownells BCRP punch
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...bly-tools/bolt-catch-pin-punch-prod26484.aspx

RP Starters
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...h-tools/punches/roll-pin-holders-prod781.aspx

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top