JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An officer was involved in a fatal shooting for the first time since police in Muskogee, Oklahoma began wearing body cameras, the Tulsa World reports.

In the video, Officer Chansey McMillin — who was responding to call that a man outside the Old Agency Baptist Church was telling people his ex-girlfriend "had a bullet with her name on it" — approaches 21-year-old Terence Walker and tells him he is going to pat him down for weapons.

"Just relax for me," McMillin says as he pats Walker down. "What are you shaking for?"

At that point, Walker takes off running with McMillin in pursuit. After a few seconds, Walker bends down to pick an item he dropped and briefly turns toward McMillin with the item pointing towards him.

Officer McMillin fires six shots at Walker, striking him three times.

The pastor from a nearby church who initially called the police then rushes up to Walker's body, which had half-fallen into the ditch. "I'm the pastor, let me check on him" he tells McMillin, who yells at him to "Get back! Get back! Sir, get back, he has a gun!"

Just think if he didn't have the body cam on he would be another Darren Wilson. It happens so fast! If I was a Leo I would buy one myself if the dept. didn't issue them. Good insurance policy.
Good guys 1

Stacy

Glad the officer is OK.

That was impressive shooting. He was running, winded, amped on adrenaline, and yet still made 3 hits out of 6 shots on a moving target at 10+ yards.

Too bad the kid had to die but that is a consequence of his poor life choices and not any wrongdoing by the officer.

Was it a gun?
Of course that doesn't matter if perp wasn't complying and turned with object pointed at cop. I would have shot at that point too.
It will matter in the court of public opinion if it was a gun and not a cell phone though!

Shots after perp stopped pointing and was running away ?? I'm not a cop and don't know what their training says if a guy points a gun then flees. As a civilian I would have held my fire at that point.

As soberpups said, "That was impressive shooting"!

The Pastor was an idiot and lucky to be alive.

To me it was certainly a justified shooting. I think all LEO should have to wear a body cam. There have definitely been some LEO that have been very nefarious. This way it leaves no questions as to what happened. As a matter of fact, I think judges should have to wear them during any backdoor chamber meetings.

Was it a gun?
Of course that doesn't matter if perp wasn't complying and turned with object pointed at cop. I would have shot at that point too.
It will matter in the court of public opinion if it was a gun and not a cell phone though!

Shots after perp stopped pointing and was running away ?? I'm not a cop and don't know what their training says if a guy points a gun then flees. As a civilian I would have held my fire at that point.

If you watch the whole video it was indeed a gun and was loaded and the hammer was cocked.

If you watch the whole video it was indeed a gun and was loaded and the hammer was cocked.
Oh, I missed the end, aprox 4:04.
That's where the other Cop plants the loaded gun on the victim:D

Just kidding, but someone will claim it was planted because the vid does move around a lot.

After seeing that though I have no doubt it was justified, even after perp commenced to fleeing. Gun in hand means shoot to kill in anybody except Al Sharpton and his followers eyes!

One of the Oklahoma stations published a slow motion version and in that video you can see him point the gun at the officer when he picks up the gun. To bad the officer had to shoot, however it seems justified to me. On a side note I read somewhere that this same officer was involved in a shooting over the summer, that may be problematic for him.. You LEO's be safe out there!

One of the Oklahoma stations published a slow motion version and in that video you can see him point the gun at the officer when he picks up the gun. To bad the officer had to shoot, however it seems justified to me. On a side note I read somewhere that this same officer was involved in a shooting over the summer, that may be problematic for him.. You LEO's be safe out there!

Sounds to me like it is more "problematic" for the criminals he has encountered......

Was it a gun?

One bad thing, one of the other cops picked up the handgun, putting his prints all over it. Not good, but, its all on tape.

Screen shot perp's gun

mw385k.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class