JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Re-watched Season 1 of "Shooter" on Netflix, for review before starting Season 2 and I think I ruined it. The acting in Season 1 was pretty bad, and I really didn't remember it being that bad. :(

I may have to skip Season 2 of Shooter, and watch the movie instead. Bring Marky Mark back....

RE Video - The movie was great and one of my all time action movies. The TV series started out pretty good then got real stupid real fast, like those enormous scope cover/handle things on the rifles. The high point of stupidity was when the main character threw down an AR-15 during CQB and went for his bolt action 15-20 lb sniper rifle. I tried a couple episodes of season 2 with great hope but nope.

Last Edited:
RE Video - The movie was great and one of my all time action movies. The TV series started out pretty good then got real stupid real fast, like those enormous scope cover/handle things on the rifles. The high point of stupidity was when the main character threw down an AR-15 during CB and went for his bolt action 15-20 lb sniper rifle. I tried a couple episodes of season 2 with great hope but nope.

I was nearly yelling at the TV when he did that! So dumb.
Stupid Hollywood morons, don't know anything other than what they read/'research'. Proves that "book smart" doesn't equal "smart".
I am sorry to hear season 2 didn't get any better. Kind of a bummer. Sometimes, I look forward to a good shooting up bad guys show...

Watched both.

For a TV show I didn't think it was all bad, but I have low expectations on TV in general.

Not a spoiler but Season 2 is very misleading... cuz it drops off in the middle of the story line on the last episode. Not even a cliff hanger, just ends mid story. So season 3 should be named season 2.5 or something.

That disappointed me more then any of the other stuff listed.:(

Watched both.

For a TV show I didn't think it was all bad, but I have low expectations on TV in general.

Not a spoiler but Season 2 is very misleading... cuz it drops off in the middle of the story line on the last episode. Not even a cliff hanger, just ends mid story. So season 3 should be named season 2.5 or something.

That disappointed me more then any of the other stuff listed.:(

'Shooter' Season 2 To Be Cut Short By Star Ryan Phillippe's Injury, Will End With Ep. 8

The books were far better, especially Point of Impact. The gun lore in that book is pretty good. The novels get goofier as they go. Dirty White Boys is by the same author and is also good.

I have all of the books written by Stephen Hunter except for the non fiction 3 or 4 he has written.
All of them are good reads, but the earlier ones are the best. Love the man's detail.

Watching the reboot of the series on Netflix. I had hopes, because they must have known that the firearms community was laughing it's @$$ off on the first attempt. Well, I'm uncertain if the technical advisor has ever shot a gun, because they blew it in one of the first scenes.

Our hero saves a wolf who had been trapped from two hunters. He snatches the rifle away from one and ejects a round. The he lecturers him because it was a 223 Remington - not good for anything bigger than a squirrel, and no where near powerful enough for a wolf. Sigh. At least there are no stupid scope handles. So far.

The he lecturers him because it was a 223 Remington - not good for anything bigger than a squirrel, and no where near powerful enough for a wolf. Sigh.

What!!:eek:

Isn't that the same cartridge that's more deadly then any handgun round and is the enemy of all peaceful tree huggers everywhere??:rolleyes:

What!!:eek:

Isn't that the same cartridge that's more deadly then any handgun round and is the enemy of all peaceful tree huggers everywhere??:rolleyes:

That was one of my first first thoughts as well. I think there are enough fans of the books and the movie that we would gladly give technical advise for free and save them from this kind of embarrassment.

Watching the reboot of the series on Netflix. I had hopes, because they must have known that the firearms community was laughing it's @$$ off on the first attempt. Well, I'm uncertain if the technical advisor has ever shot a gun, because they blew it in one of the first scenes.

Our hero saves a wolf who had been trapped from two hunters. He snatches the rifle away from one and ejects a round. The he lecturers him because it was a 223 Remington - not good for anything bigger than a squirrel, and no where near powerful enough for a wolf. Sigh. At least there are no stupid scope handles. So far.

He's right! Any cartridge for shooting anything bigger than a nutria better have a belt on the case. Otherwise it just bounces off.

Enjoyed the movie - favorite scenes are the ones with Levon Helm, RIP.
Watched the first season of the remake, it got pretty ridiculous. After one episode of Season 2, turned it off mid show, wanted the time back.
I really enjoy the movie Wind River.

I heard in pre production wolverine taped some .223 to his knuckles like booze bottles in The Grey.. I can't wait!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top